cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

HW-T650 swaps inputs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

we have just set-up our HW-T650 soundbar with our TU8000 TV.

Soundbar is plugged in via HDMI to HDMI2 eARC, everything works fine with the soundbar running on DIN TV ARC.

We have a PS4 plugged in to HDMI1 on the TV and when we change to the PS4 it swaps the soundbar to HDMI the TV Speaker. We have turned HDMI control on and off via the PS4 and neither helps. 

We can manually change the soundbar back to TV ARC and all is fine but how do we stop it thinking it needs to change to HDMI?

It appears when switching to PS4 the ARC signal stops for a second and the soundbar reverts back to TV Speaker as its lost its arc connection?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: HW-T650 swaps inputs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, this was driving me nuts but I figured it out. It was my AppleTV that was causing the input to switch when it's plugged directly to the soundbar. Once I moved it off and plugged it directly to the TV the soundbar stopped switching the input to the ARC HDMI input which was actually the AppleTV that was doing it since it can control all devices(HDMI-CEC) it's plugged into and turning that option off didn't work. So all is right in the world now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have the same issue with my HW-T650 soundbar. I have my Apple TV plugged into the HDMI on the soundbar and then the soundbar is plugged into HDMI input 4 which is the ARC port on my Samsung NU8000 . If I power on the AppleTV it will turn on the tv and the soundbar and everything works great however if I change the input to HDMI 1 which is my DirecTV receiver the soundbar will switch to TV ARC but then the input changes back to HDMI Input 4 on the tv which is where the soundbar is plugged in and then I have to change the input again on my TV back to the one for my DirecTV and then all is working fine. How can I make the soundbar not switch itself to the ARC HDMI Input when switching to other devices? This is really frustrating and leads me to not want to keep the soundbar. I want it to not be controlling the inputs or changing them on the tv. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, this was driving me nuts but I figured it out. It was my AppleTV that was causing the input to switch when it's plugged directly to the soundbar. Once I moved it off and plugged it directly to the TV the soundbar stopped switching the input to the ARC HDMI input which was actually the AppleTV that was doing it since it can control all devices(HDMI-CEC) it's plugged into and turning that option off didn't work. So all is right in the world now.

View solution in original post