Did you mean: 
Constellation

HWK950 soundbar not connecting to WiFi network

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HWK950 soundbar not connecting to WiFi network

To connect it to wifi you need to hit the wifi setup button on the back and also having it connected to the multi-room app.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you for the reply. I've tried that multiple times. Have hit the WiFi setup button with the MultiRoom app on. Have unplugged the soundbar and plugged it back in. Have reset my wireless router. Have restarted my phone. Have moved the router closer to the soundbar. Have tried the add speaker button as well as the WiFi button on the soundbar. Have followed the instructions in the multiroom app. Have done everything imaginable. The soundbar simply refuses to reconnect to my network. This started last week when I switched the soundbar to a different TV. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What is your current firmware version on your soundbar?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having the same issue have had the soundbar for over 12 months and have never been able to connect it.

Sometimes it comes up on the MuliRoom app after I have hit the add speaker and then I enter the wifi password and it will error of not do anything.

I have tried different modems with no luck.

Realy want this fixed!

Highlighted
Astronaut

My TV is connected via LAN and the soundbar is connected to the TV.

When I go into the Smart Things app both TV on the network come up straight away.

Should the TV connected via wifi to help the soundbar to show up and connect??

To update the software to the latest version the manual says it happens automatically once connected to the internet..... is there another way then the soundbar will not connect?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you using the WIFI set up button the back of the soundbar? 

Also here is the user manual for the soundbar that may help provide extra support, this was found on page 9. 

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201808/20180828115354839/HW-K950_ZA_FullManual_01_ENG_1...