cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Home theater HT-J5500W Cycling

I posted 3 weeks ago about my Home Theater doing an infinite loop loading a disk not letting me access other settings, I also have a blu-ray player and two days ago started the same issue, I chatted with samsung and they know the problem and they are taking care of the repairs all you have to do is create a ticket, They will send you a prepaid UPS label you send the device and they will repair it (hopefully) at no cost, even if your device is old...My blu-ray player is from 2016 and they have no problem. So contact them with the Model# and serial#.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Home theater HT-J5500W Cycling

My exact problem. HT-J5500W is cycling. What a mess. Is there a fix out yet?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Did you READ the thread?  It seems people in at least US, Canada, UK can Call / Chat with Samsung to get their units serviced.  Mine is currently sitting in the Ocean State waiting on a part.  Hopefully it goes to Atlantic City and wins me some money at the Taj Mahal.  Smiley Wink

Highlighted

My HT-J5500w started looping on the main menu screen on 6/18/2020.  After a week of calling Samsung Service every day, Samung provided a UPS Return Label on an RMA. After a couple of weeks, I received a text notifying me a shipping label was created and a few days later, finally received my fixed unit back on 7/11/2020.  So, almost a month with no sound on our family home theatre.  At least Samsung provided a resolution.  

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I got my unit back today.  They didn't do a very good job packing it, one piece of bubble wrap around the unit in a box with lots of extra room to bounce around.

I unwrapped it to find a one inch piece of plastic fall to the floor and a rattle inside of the unit.

The good news is it seems to be working once I figured out how to get the rear wireless speakers to sync up.

Seems the DVD tray's flap that closes has been broken and will not close automatically.

I guess I should be happy it works at all

Highlighted
Astronaut

I was not aware of this problem and in 06/2020 my unit had the same problem. I purchased it in 10/2015 . Samsung was called and a prepaid shipping label was acquired and my unit is still in repair . It's taking longer than usual because of COVID-19. Today I received a email it was repaired and being shipped back to me. The repair bill states needed factory reset $80. My credit card has not been charged from what I can see. What I don't understand why couldn't I of been able to do that myself.

Highlighted
Astronaut

It's very obvious we are all experiencing the same frustrating issue. I hope @SamsungSabrina can help us out with this issue.