cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Homekit for Samsung QLED TVs

I recently purchased a 65" QLED TV from Best Buy and was given inaccurate information on the capabilities of the TV to support Apple Homekit technology.  These TVs do not support Homekit and I see that several forums on the internet are complaining like I have.  Will Samsung provide future firmware updates to allow their TVs to fully use the features of Homekit?  Specifically, I want the ability to play TV audio through my HomePod speakers (without the need to connect an AppleTV brick)

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Homekit for Samsung QLED TVs

We are unable to speculate on the release of future updates or features.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

what we want to know is whether or not the issue regards hardware or software. If the proper hardware is equipped, and it's merely a matter of software updates, then homekit is at least possible. Otherwise, we need to return our TVs, and switch to LG. This is pertinent, because of the large price of these items, and such, questions regarding functionality are simply not acceptable. I am very upset with the marketing of these TVs, including Sonos, LG, & Amazon Alexa, none of which are compatible, or functional as advertised! Sonos (playbar- the only real home theater option) does not use BT, or HDMI, Alexa does not operate apps without "fire TV" components (negating any benefit of a "smart" tv, and all the features included in it's respective OS), and all their remotes do not output IR, so none of these are even compatible. So much marketing buzzwords in tech, less than 1/4 of it works as advertised. $5000+ down the drain. Awful experience.

Highlighted
Constellation

Was this release completed? I just got a HomePod thinking it was compatible and I can't seem to connect it to my Samsung UHD TV

Highlighted
Astronaut

Agreed, Samsung needs to include HomeKit compatibility. It will increasingly become a liability for the company going forward. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Call me

Highlighted
Constellation

Just wondering if Samsung responded again?