JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I find the mac address of my Samsung N850 Soundbar?

(Topic created: 01-16-2020 09:28 AM)
Chad711
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Where is this located? I do not see it listed on the smart app nor is it on the back of the soundbar.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Chad711
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Ok so I have been researching the heck out of this device on my WiFi network. It wasn't easy either because I have A LOT of Samsung stuff. I have multiple Samsung TV's, tablets, phone, blueray player, monitors, soundbar, etc.

It is 100% the Samsung N850 Soundbar mac address that is showing on my network. If Samsung Soundbars do not have a mac address then why does mine have one??? You say it connects to wifi using the Smart-Things app on my phone. I triple checked my phones IP address and it is not the same address as the IP address showing for this mac address device. 

The way I found out this mac address is my soundbar is I blocked the connection of this mac address on my network. As soon as I did the sound bar was showing offline in the Smart-Things app. When I unblocked the connection guess what showed up as online again? I tested this three times to ensure I was correct.

So tell me how this works where my soundbar doesn't have a mac address yet it does according my network?

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Good afternoon. The soundbar does not have a MAC Address, as it does not connect directly to WiFi.

0 Likes
Chad711
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Page 22 of the manual shows the instructions for connecting soundbar to wifi network. How can a device connect to a wifi network without a Mac address?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

You will need the smart things app to have it connect to the soundbar, it will not connect directly to wifi but connect through Bluetooth from the smart things app and the smart things will connect to wifi. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
Chad711
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Ok so I have been researching the heck out of this device on my WiFi network. It wasn't easy either because I have A LOT of Samsung stuff. I have multiple Samsung TV's, tablets, phone, blueray player, monitors, soundbar, etc.

It is 100% the Samsung N850 Soundbar mac address that is showing on my network. If Samsung Soundbars do not have a mac address then why does mine have one??? You say it connects to wifi using the Smart-Things app on my phone. I triple checked my phones IP address and it is not the same address as the IP address showing for this mac address device. 

The way I found out this mac address is my soundbar is I blocked the connection of this mac address on my network. As soon as I did the sound bar was showing offline in the Smart-Things app. When I unblocked the connection guess what showed up as online again? I tested this three times to ensure I was correct.

So tell me how this works where my soundbar doesn't have a mac address yet it does according my network?

0 Likes