cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

How do I get the Bluetooth option to appear in the sound settings menu?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 50" Samsung 7 series smart TV.  I wanted to connect external speakers (via Bluetooth or any other method possible, but Bluetooh is usually simplest).  I was trying to follow this guide -- https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/connect-bluetooth-audio-to-tv/ .  However, this option doesn't appear on my TV (see attached photo).  IMG_0301.JPG

How do I get the Bluetooth option to appear?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: How do I get the Bluetooth option to appear in the sound settings menu?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userzEgusP1NAI ,

Just following up because I noticed your issue is not marked as resolved. Do you still need assistance?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you please provide the full model number for your television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This was what was on my order.  Hope this helps ...

Samsung UN50NU7100 Flat 50" 4K UHD 7 Series Smart TV 2018

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not locating this model. Was this purchased in the US?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm probably not entering the right thing, then.  Here's the link where we bought it on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079NH7LJQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is this model number something I can find on the TV or in the manual or something?  Also we registered our SmartTV, so maybe there's something in there I can pull?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, I did find it. Looking through the specifications on this model, it appears it does not support external bluetooth connections. You will need to connect via HDMI or Optical Audio.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are there any wireless choices for either of these options?  We're not too crazy about the wires.

Thanks for your help, - Dave

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are some bluetooth adapter kits for your optical audio out that are available from local and online retailers, like the ones at this link.  https://www.amazon.com/s?k=bluetooth+adapter+for+tv+with+optical+audio+output&crid=NI89AEKJD1A4&spre...

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userzEgusP1NAI ,

Just following up because I noticed your issue is not marked as resolved. Do you still need assistance?

View solution in original post