cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Hw-q90r stuck after update

I just recently tried to update my HW-q90r soundbar and after complete I then updated the sub and rear speakers. Now the soundbar is stuck on HDMI 2 and the buttons on the remote don't work now and it disconnected from the wifi. Volume buttons don't work either it just says 11 when pushed. Input won't change. It occasionally flashed update. The. Turns off. Then back on. It does that 3 times and then bavk to HDMI 2. I can turn it off and on but it does the update cycle. And of course there is no sound. It feels bricked. Has anyone encountered this?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Hw-q90r stuck after update

My HW-N950 does that too. It just started 2 days ago when I powered it on.

I was not updating, and I have wifi turned off on the soundbar so it doesn't auto update.

Prior to this, once in a while it would flash the update message one time and everything would be ok after it started.

This began happening more frequently until it finally got stuck in a loop, making the soundbar unusable.

Highlighted
Astronaut

hi did you manage to fix this? mine is the same

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes and no.

Samsung had me send it in to Techeim for repair.

Techeim fixed it and sent it back. But they packed it in only 1 layer of bubble wrap instead of 4" of styrofoam on all sides that Samsung advises.

They also used two thin boxes, of which one got lost. By the time eveything showed up to me, the equipment was all dented, scraped, and scuffed up.

When I had shipped it to Techeim, I used a huge box with styrofoam on all sides and in between the individual components. The box was so big, I had to take out a seat in my car so I could take the box to UPS.

I'm still working with Samsung to resolve a damaged shipment claim.