Original topic:

Just connected a new TV to my HW-S40T/ZA soundbar and now the soundbar comes on randomly with TV off

(Topic created on: 2/22/21 8:38 AM)
user7sRJ7rC6St
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Just connected a new UN50TU7000FXZA Smart TV to my HW-S40T/ZA soundbar using an optical cable , and now the soundbar comes on randomly at all hours of the day/night.  Wouldn't be a problem except for the very loud announcement DIGITAL AUDIO IN that comes on.   This did not happen with my prior Samsung Smart TV.

Also, is it possible to disable the loud and annoying DIGITAL AUDIO IN announcement?

Thanks,

Jesse

0 Likes
6 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Have you tried using a different optical cable? Have you tried a factory reset of the television?

Please go to Settings>Support and provide the current software version of the television.

0 Likes
user7sRJ7rC6St
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have not tried a different optical cable.  This same cable was fine with my previous  Samsung TV.

I just did a factory reset.   Will have to give it some time to see if anything changes.

Software version is:  T-KTSU2AKUC-1420.0

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

If it does not resolve the issue, I would recommend replacing the cable next.

0 Likes
userLIOsv8bnTA
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Oh is that what you recommend?? How about you recommend me another brand as well? With your trash products 

0 Likes
userLIOsv8bnTA
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Do you guys just sell faulty products that require different sets of wires to work? 

0 Likes
user7sRJ7rC6St
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Did not fix the problem.  I would like to return this to Samsung and get a refund.  How do I do that?

0 Likes