cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Just upgraded my receiver and now ARC isn't working?

I have a Samsung UE50NU7400 which had been quite happy connected to my Pioneer VSX-S510k reciver via ARC for over a year.

I've upgraded to the VSX-S520d which is a newer model and all was good for a few hours until the Samsung TV now will refuse to reconise the receiver for audio via ARC. I have got it to work briefly again after factory resetting both the TV and Receiver only for it to happen again. I'm not having to use a optical link to get audio from the TV to the receiver. 

I know the new receiver is ok as I've had it running off another tv with no problems. Any ideas as my Samsung TV has literally expired warrenty wise. And I'm thinking it's more of an issue with the tv over the receiver. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Just upgraded my receiver and now ARC isn't working?

Have you tried a New cable?
Highlighted
Constellation

yep, I've a few 4k UHD ones.

Unplugging the TV for 10 minutes which has been said in here does sometimes make the TV ARC work again. Hardly a solution thou.

Highlighted
Sun

I had an LG TV one of the HDMI ports would do that. One or two days it was fine then wouldn't work for a month. I never figured it out.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your device was purchased outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.