Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Giz
Asteroid

K450 switches source after turning on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the k450 soundbar connected to a samung 8 series tv via ARC.  After turning on the sytem, the soundbar is in the DIN source, but will change to HDMI after 5 seconds.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Giz
Asteroid

Re: K450 switches source after turning on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I figured it out. I turned off the hdmi control feature on the directv stb and it fixed the problem. 

24 REPLIES 24
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have the sound bar connected directly to the television or are you using a receiver in the middle? Does this source change happen the moment the television is loaded up or once the desired source is selected?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Giz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The soundbar is hooked directly to the tv via hdmi arc and the directv stb is hooked to the tv via hdmi 1. The source changes on the soundbar to hdmi when after the tv is loaded. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information. Do you have anynet + turned ON on this TV? If you have issues locating this setting, please provide the full model number of your TV and I can provide you steps in doing this. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Giz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I figured it out. I turned off the hdmi control feature on the directv stb and it fixed the problem. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome. Let us know if you have any other issues. 

usergSaI82DeiE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a similar problem. Here is my hook up....Direct TV output hdmi to imput hdmi on soundbar ; soundbar hdmi output to Samsung tv imput ARC ; DVD player hdmi output to TV imput & optical cable from dvd to soundbar;

When direct tv, soundbar, & TV  get turned on, the sounbar starts in D-IN mode. The TV asks for a connected source. I switch it to hdmi and tv showing works, but sometimes after several seconds, the source switches.  Frustrating

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried unplugging the optical cable completely and letting the ARC send the sound back to the soundbar?

usergSaI82DeiE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I removed the optical cable. I have tried turning the HDMI off on the direct tv menu. Still changes source after a few moments

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

usergSaI82DeiE, just due to your wording  I want to ask, for you is the source changing on the TV itself or the Sound bar's sourcing?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.