Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useryYwqJOBVgo
Asteroid

K950 EDID Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all,

If anyone can point me in the right direction for this I would apprciate it. I have the HW-K950 running the 3114.2 / 0347.0R Firmware.

My TV (Sony ZD9) cannot pass through Atmos and keeps glitching ARC after a while. So I decided to avoid ARC altogether by splitting the incoming signal and passing one to the TV and one direct to HDMI 1 on the K950.

The EDID of the soundbar kills 4K or HDR to the TV when on and forced 1080p. Soundbar off: 4K60 & HDR work fine (97 modes are seen on EDID). Soundbar on: the splitter defaults to the poorest input and drops resolution to 1080p (15 modes are seen on EDID). 

Why the hell is a soundbar reporting resolution limits to the splitter? Can it not just clone the TV EDID? Do I need to connect something to force this behaviour (an unused ARC cable?). When I first connected it, it did seem to work fine, but in the last few days the soundbar has started interfering with the picture EDID info.

Any reasons why? Any solutions?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
useryYwqJOBVgo
Asteroid

Re: K950 EDID Issues - SOLUTION

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like I found a solution.

The soundbar defaults to a crappy 1080p setup when it knows no better. But I conncted the ARC port on the TV to the ARC port of the soundbar and DID NOT ENABLE thre sound bar on the TV.

It looks like the soundbar replicates the EDID to the HDMI ports! YAY! Well almost - I know get 85 HDMI modes (rather than 97) available but I have my precious 4K HDR as default! So kinda fixed I guess. And when I switch off on the soundbar it does not drop me to 1080p (just looses a few modes which I don't use -  These work: 3840x2160, 59.940 Hz, YUV 420 10-bit Rec. 2020 & 24Hz 422 12-bit Rec. 709, so all good!)

There is no audio data coming down the ARC port, so I get the full replicated audio direct from source - rather than mangled through the ARC connection. I have not got it to say Ätmos", just AVR Speaker... but sounds good to me. Not sure whether Atmos is lost somewhere en-route or the soundbar is just not saying so any more.

The Ligawo 4K HDR  product range (those products starting 30900###) are all pretty good to be honest.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RaymondR
Constellation

Re: K950 EDID Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

>So I decided to avoid ARC altogether by splitting the incoming signal and passing one to the TV and one direct to HDMI 1 on the K950

Just curious - how do you do that? You use like a HDFury AVR Key? I am looking to do something similar, but unsure of what brand of splitter works well for full HDR/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos

useryYwqJOBVgo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I kinda wish I had bought an HDFury device as that has total EDID control... I live and learn.

I used a Ligawo 3090060 HDMI Splitter which is a lot cheaper and works great - full 4k60, HDR... everthing supported just fine. But the problem is that it defaults to the worst EDID of devices connected (makes logical sense but a bit broken for me).

But...

useryYwqJOBVgo
Asteroid

Re: K950 EDID Issues - SOLUTION

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like I found a solution.

The soundbar defaults to a crappy 1080p setup when it knows no better. But I conncted the ARC port on the TV to the ARC port of the soundbar and DID NOT ENABLE thre sound bar on the TV.

It looks like the soundbar replicates the EDID to the HDMI ports! YAY! Well almost - I know get 85 HDMI modes (rather than 97) available but I have my precious 4K HDR as default! So kinda fixed I guess. And when I switch off on the soundbar it does not drop me to 1080p (just looses a few modes which I don't use -  These work: 3840x2160, 59.940 Hz, YUV 420 10-bit Rec. 2020 & 24Hz 422 12-bit Rec. 709, so all good!)

There is no audio data coming down the ARC port, so I get the full replicated audio direct from source - rather than mangled through the ARC connection. I have not got it to say Ätmos", just AVR Speaker... but sounds good to me. Not sure whether Atmos is lost somewhere en-route or the soundbar is just not saying so any more.

The Ligawo 4K HDR  product range (those products starting 30900###) are all pretty good to be honest.

View solution in original post

Shablamy2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are there any way I can reset my EDID on this soundbar? Since my media player updated I no longer have HD audio.

Media player: Minix U9-H (FW008)

All connected via HDMI