cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

LIp Sync issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Previously posted rehuarding lip sync issue when Dolby is selecte on DirecTV menu. The lip sync issue was resolved by turning off Dolby. Well, it's been a while and I have decided that as I paid quite a bit for the HW-Q80R soundbar, and the sound is so much better when using Dolby, that I want to use it. As mentioned previously, DirecTV is connected to TV via HDMI. Soundbar is connected to TV via HDMI-ARC. If Dolby is turned off, no lip sync problem. If turned on, major lip sync problem. So bad the it can't be adjusted using either or both of the TV sync adjustment or the soundbar adjustments. 

It's been awhile since I previously posted, and am hoping there may now be a solution?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: LIp Sync issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, Hooded Direct tv box to soundbar with HDMI, Hooked soundbar to TV ith HDMI ARC.

Issue solved

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You’ll see that this is one of the most common issues posted here. I have Verizon Fios and a Sony tv and like you experienced with  that setting you mention, on Sony it’s selecting PCM instead of the Dolby options, will help but not really an acceptable solution. You need to connect your DTV box to the soundbar not to the tv. Then you’ll resolve the issue. That’s the only thing I’ve seen reported that works, it worked for me. And it’s common to all manufacturers’ devices. I’ve  seen posts  referencing LG, Samsung, DTV, Comcast, Fios, Sony,etc. You’ll have to go directly to the soundbar. There’s no downside to doing it that way. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Which DirecTV box port to which soundbar port? HDMI or optical? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, Hooded Direct tv box to soundbar with HDMI, Hooked soundbar to TV ith HDMI ARC.

Issue solved

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I connected my cable box directly to my Samsung HW-Q70R Soundbar (as you suggested).  However, now my Samsung Q80R TV displays a "Source" message.  The only option available is my Soundbar, but when I select it as the Source, no picture is displayed on the TV.

Please help.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The soundbar is for audio - do video out from the cable box to the TV. An option is to buy an extractor about $20 at Amazon - I use it with a Firestick. Firestick goes into the extractor, an optical cable to the soundbar, and an HDMI for video to the TV. I had been fighting the lip sync issue for a long time and finally found this suggestion on a forum and it works. As far as using the smart TV for programs I think the TV speakers will provide audio. Haven't checked, because I only use the Firestick. Good luck.