cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbidingTechDude
Constellation

Lack of eARC support = lost customer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a 2018 QLED about 6 months back and am super impressed by everything that Samsung has done with these TVs, from the OS to the Picture Quality and the impressive ability to change device sources and control said devices using a single remote.

Started shopping for for another TV for the main viewing room and was excited to hear that the 2019 models would support HDMI 2.1 since my only quam with the 2018 model was lack of high-def audio back to my receiver when using my Xbox One X in game mode (VRR > HD-audio IMO).

After doing my homework I found to my dissapointment that Samsung choose to exclude eARC from the 2019 models.

I'd like to state loud and clear to any Samsung folks out there reading this: I'm going with an LG OLED instead since they choose to embrace and support new technology, the tipping point for my decision plain and simple was the exclusion of eARC.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Lack of eARC support = lost customer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We will forward your frustrations accordingly.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We will forward your frustrations accordingly.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

AbidingTechDude
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you.

Highlighted
Knaub
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One of my favorite AVR manufacturers released firmware for 2017 and up models to add earc to their equipment. Sure hope Samsung treats us as good.

userW3j8URx6aX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought a 82" Q900R and was told by the Samsung sales rep that an eARC firmware update is coming this year, very soon.  Why has this not happened yet?