cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbidingTechDude
Constellation

Lack of eARC support = lost customer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a 2018 QLED about 6 months back and am super impressed by everything that Samsung has done with these TVs, from the OS to the Picture Quality and the impressive ability to change device sources and control said devices using a single remote.

Started shopping for for another TV for the main viewing room and was excited to hear that the 2019 models would support HDMI 2.1 since my only quam with the 2018 model was lack of high-def audio back to my receiver when using my Xbox One X in game mode (VRR > HD-audio IMO).

After doing my homework I found to my dissapointment that Samsung choose to exclude eARC from the 2019 models.

I'd like to state loud and clear to any Samsung folks out there reading this: I'm going with an LG OLED instead since they choose to embrace and support new technology, the tipping point for my decision plain and simple was the exclusion of eARC.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Lack of eARC support = lost customer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We will forward your frustrations accordingly.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

AbidingTechDude
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you.

Knaub
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One of my favorite AVR manufacturers released firmware for 2017 and up models to add earc to their equipment. Sure hope Samsung treats us as good.

userW3j8URx6aX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought a 82" Q900R and was told by the Samsung sales rep that an eARC firmware update is coming this year, very soon.  Why has this not happened yet?

userAwRuq5ZRRa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How is that solved?

@SamsungJam wrote:

userAwRuq5ZRRa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am disappointed.  I just bought my 65” Q80R for my home theater and am considering turning it back in to get a LG.  eARC is important to me.  I kept thinking the reason I am not getting uncompressed audio was due to the Ethernet cables.  Imagine my surprise when I replaced the cables and found that they did nothing to improve the sound.  Reading more on the subject, it appears Samsung has no plan to provide a firmware update.  It appears I paid a lot but did not get what I wanted.  

Highlighted
user2qUViRNH1d
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. I just  cannot understand this. Bought the q90r soundbar and now the qe55q90 just to discover that there is no earc and people have lipsync problems? 

Plus reading through the forum and samsung is not answering properly and giving fake update promisses?! Seriously ...?! 

Adios Samsung!!  Simply unbeliveable 

Rockovissi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is exactly my problem. My friend just picked up a 2019 LG OLED and it now supports eARC and Variable Refresh Rate. He connected his Nvidia GPU and he's getting 120Hz with 5.1 audio. I have an AMD RX 5700 and I cannot get 5.1 audio with Freesync, only Stereo. So I'm connecting everything to my receiver and not getting Freesync in favor of 5.1 audio for games. Samsung needs to support eARC. Or give a firmware update to pass through 5.1 audio through ARC not Stereo!

user8WKevcC2rA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Join us and voice your frustration on Twitter :

@Samsung_Dev @StephenWithers @samsung @SamsungUS @SamsungUK @SamsungSupport @SamsungTV Where is the promised eARC support for 2019 TV's & Soundbar's top models? We feel cheated! #earcWithersGate #earcSamsungGate