cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tailgunner747
Asteroid

Lag in Voice with TV on HW-N950

There is a lag in the sound from TV thru the sound bar so voice is off from peoples voice on the screen.  Does not have this with sound bar turned off so its a Sound Bar problem.  Over all this Sound Bar is just not worth $1500  Then also you have No control over the volume of the 2 Surround speakers as the sound bar drowns out them!   Terrible product my Opinion!!!!

13 REPLIES 13
user1AzzCue1bV
Asteroid

Re: Lag in Voice with TV on HW-N950

I also have this delay problem with my tv receiver (connected on my TV HDMI ARC).
On my TV audio configuration setting i have the choice between :

-Multichannel

-Multichannel (bypass)

-Stereo

If i choose stereo, no more issue but i can't have 5.1 ... The issue happens only with Multichannel or Multichannel bypass.
However no problem with my Nvidia Shield and my Nintendo Switch connected on the N950.

Highlighted
usertJbMKZs8wr
Asteroid

I really recommend you to read the manual for the soundbar. You can adjust lip sync problem with the SYNC function in the soundbar and you can also adjust the volume of rear speakers for sure (and not only the rear speakers). Both functions are in OPTIONS...

Jezza
Asteroid

Although there is a setting on the soundbar to adjust lip sync this wont fix the problem as you need to go into negative to sort the lip sync issue (another common fault at present on this soundbar) and it only gives positive + adjustment.

jarheadut
Constellation

Did you find a fix for the negative sync issue.   I have the same issue but need negative also.  Let me know please <Hidden>

userjatmszNU5h
Constellation

I experienced the same problem with the HW-N950 not having the proper adjustment latitude to correct the lag problem.  Fortunately, my Samsung TV has its own lag control that corrected the lip synch problem.   

userwYOr0HUhqv
Constellation

My samsung tv qled 65 "2018 also has sound delay option, I think it is between 20 and 40 but it is not always, in what number or options you have managed to synchronize.

userkUL5DyARzv
Constellation

I agree with the bar needs to be able to go negative on the sync. 

userwekDcZnsnj
Constellation

I have the same sync problem where the fix needs a negative sync function.

userwYOr0HUhqv
Constellation

Please samsung should solve the problem of this sound bar of 1500e, in PCM the synchronization is perfect, in Dolby Digital it is 95%, it is clearer this error in TV channels with digital or digital dolby signal +, in MKV files , in scenes of movies with knocking on the door with your hand for example is synchronized to 100x100, Who has this error happens in any format, tv or usb?