JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Location of a soundbar..

(Topic created: 05-18-2021 08:16 AM)
userO0ZqXcFFQr
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Just bought a Samsung Frame TV and a soundbar (Q60T)... I need helping in placing the soundbar.. its it better above the TV or below?  I've now placed it above the TV (about 2 inches above the TV) and about 4 inches below ceiling height.. The problem is that the bottom of the soundbar is clearly visible and does not look good... Any suggestion on: a) whether i should relocate the soundbar to below the TV, or b) adding a black sheet to the bottom of the soundbar to cover the bottom and make it appear finished.. 
Would appreciate your thoughts... 

3 Replies
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater
The soundbar should be below the TV ideally. It sounds like you have your TV mounted on the wall pretty high unless you have a low ceiling. The center channel, or soundbar in your case, should be at head height when you're seated watching TV. The front and rear surround speakers can be at ceiling height but the center needs to be at your head height while seated.
0 Likes
userO0ZqXcFFQr
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

This is most helpful.. Thanks!! I have only a soundbar and a sub-woofer.. TV is located near the ceiling.. about 12-15 feet away from the head of the bed.. I will (re) mount the soundbar below the TV.. closer to 'head' height..  Any other tips before i change my mounting location?

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater
Depends really. What kind of sub do you have and on what kind of floor?
0 Likes