cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
usergUmFKqFROS
Asteroid

MU8000 Doesn't Remember My Bluetooth Headphones

I have a pair of (very excellent) Sony WH1000XM3 bluetooth headphones.  I pair them with my MU8000 (UN65MU8000 to be specific), but every time I try to connect, my TV does one of four things:

1) Connects right away about 5% of the time

2) Requires 2 or 3 attempts to connect about 30% of the time

3) Forgets the headset after the first attempt and requires that I re-pair the headset from scratch about 60% of the time.

4) The headphones aren't even listed and requires that I re-pair from scratch...call it 5% of the time

As soon as I re-pair, the TV immediately connects and behaves as expected until I disconnect.  Then, I start all over again.

I've been troubleshooting this for months.  I've tried every combination of things.  I've ruled out as factors: proximity to the TV, turn-on order, button sequencing, or previous connections to other devices (see next).  Nothing I do seems to increase my chances of success.

Note: I have another Samsung RU7100-series TV that's 1 year newer, and I have never had a problem connecting to this 2nd TV with these headphones.  It appears to be specific to this particilar TV.  (And, no, the 2nd TV is not ever on or connected when I try to connect to the MU8000. It was one of the first things I checked.)

Anyone else have this problem and find a solution?

Many thanks,

Steve

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: MU8000 Doesn't Remember My Bluetooth Headphones

We are sorry to hear about this. Can you please provide the full model code and current software version for the television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usergUmFKqFROS
Asteroid

@SamsungLou wrote:

We are sorry to hear about this. Can you please provide the full model code and current software version for the television?

Model Code: UN65MU8000

Software Version: T-KTMAKUC-1270.3, BT-S

Sub-micom Version: T-KTMINTV-1011

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you. The TV has the most recent software. 

Here are some things to check if Bluetooth devices will not connect to your TV.

•Make sure the device is compatible with Bluetooth.

•Check that the TV and device are both turned on.

•Make sure the device is in pairing mode when you select Pair and connect.

•Turn the TV and the device off and on again.

•If it is battery powered, make sure the device is fully charged.

•Make sure the device isn't too far from the TV.

•Unpair the device from any other TV or device.

•Consult the Bluetooth device’s user manual for further assistance.

usergUmFKqFROS
Asteroid

Thanks for your reply, Rei.  

Trust that I've done all that troubleshooting and much, much more.  This smells like the MU8000's TV's firmware or bluetooth hardware issue, esp. since the headphones connect as expected with my other Samsung TV that's a different model and a year newer.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tested any other Bluetooth devices with the UN65MU8000? I honestly believe there is a compatibility issue between the UN65MU8000 and the headphones.

usergUmFKqFROS
Asteroid

Yes, I have tested other bluetooth devices with this TV, and I have tested these headphones on a dozen other devices all without a problem.  Yes, there definitely is a compatibility issue between the UN65MU8000 and the headphones. That seems obvious. The question is if it can be fixed or if there is a work-around.