JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

MX-JS9500 not responding

(Topic created: 06-25-2019 05:59 PM)
Kokamo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I have the MX-JS9500 and it will not communicate via bluetooth, it just says wait. I have attempted to update the formware and usb just sits there with Read flashing on the display. There is no sound if I select tuner and the cd will not open, display just reads open... Is there a procedure to do a hard reset on the unit? Is the unit in safe mode or something?

49 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

To reset your device, press and hold the stop button (on the front panel) for more than 5 seconds. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Kokamo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I tried that already and it did nothing

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

This device may require a service technician to take a look at the device. What type of device are you trying to connect to the Sound System?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Kokamo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

It doesn't matter what I am trying to connect, bluetooth used to wake her up just by connecting, now it won't even show. With BT selected it just flashes Wait. If I press the cd open/close button it just displays open and will not open the tray. Tuner will display stations and move through the range but no sound. Volume moves through the scale when thje knob is rotated but again, no sound. No sound from party beat. USB slot illuminate when selected but if there is a usb device in the slot, only flashes Read.All lights work. It's like the main processor has took a dump or something else. I did notice that when I would turn it on in the past that I could hear the fan, of which now it does not seem to be running, but there is no message of any failure or safety.

It could be a simple matter of the fan rotation not being detected and the system won't go any further, if the fan has a feedback to tell the main board it is operational. I haven't opened the case yet to check it. The unit is defenitely out of warrantee so that won't void anything. 

i may have to see what it will cost to send in for repair....

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

We can set up a ticket so you can get a repair estimate. Please send the following information to this PM Link:

Serial Number:
Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:
Preferred method to be reached by service center (SMS, email, or phone): 

0 Likes
Kokamo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Here's where I am. Unplugged the power this morning and left it unplugged all day, got home from work and plugged it in and she is working now! Yaay!

Still wierd though as I went ahead and tried the firmware update and it says it updated but following the instructions vfor the firmware, after it updates and reboots, I held the Play button in for like ten seconds to "Initialize", it never did say that. I tried holding the stop button in for same amount of time and still no Init. Am I missing something? Everything still seems to work again now though.

Does the system really need initialized after the update and if so, how do I do it?

Thanks everyone for your help, by the way!

0 Likes
SamsungSamantha
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Okay, great! I am happy to hear that your unit is now working. If the unit is working now it does not need to initialized. Please let us know if you need assistance in the future!

0 Likes
Kokamo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I will! Thank you and everyone for the help.

0 Likes
Kokamo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Well, bad news it went back to not responding. So I am going to have to send it in for repair...

0 Likes