Original topic:

Multiroom speaker array dropping out.

(Topic created on: 12/28/20 3:41 PM)
john329
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Recently my Multiroom speakers drop out frequently. There are times when I can go to the TV Sound and finds the array listed and just click on it to restore. Other times the TV loses the array totally and I have to reconnect the Multiroom again. This is becoming a real headache.

The TV is a Samsung UN65JS9000FXZA.

The Soundbar is a Samsung HW-J7500ZA

I also have two R1 rears connected via the Samsung Multiroom App. version 4145.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

0 Likes
10 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Have you added any devices to the room recently? It sounds like an interference issue. What is the current software version on the television?

0 Likes
john329
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have added a few wifi repeaters  to my home recently because I thought the problem was distance from my Router. That  didn't seem to help.

My TV software version is: 1550.

I keep checking for updates but the TV says none are available.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

There is a newer software update available here: Link. Does this occur if you disconnect one or more of the repeaters?

You will need an empty USB flash drive.

Connect the USB flash drive to the computer.
Download the file from the link above.
Once download is complete, right click on the file and select Extract To.
Once the extraction window pops up, select the base of the USB flash drive.
Once the extraction is complete, eject the flash drive from the PC.

0 Likes
john329
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

1. I will try to find an empty flash drive tomorrow. The question is why can this version not be found on the update page of the Tv set? Seems like an unneccesary hassle. I also think I tried to do this in the past with no success. I will try this again tomorrow. 

2. I have not tried disconnecting the repeaters to see if that makes a difference. I have four of them around the house. I don't know if that is too many repeaters to be useful. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Updates are sent to the television at varying intervals. It is possible that the television is not connecting to the server correctly.

At some point, adding repeaters creates more problems than necessary. All of the repeaters, the router and all of your electronic devices take up wireless space. 

0 Likes
john329
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

This update has been around for quite some time, I think. I believe I have tried to download it to a thumb drive before and could not get it to be accepted by the TV. Of course, I could have done some thing wrong too. Is ther no way to force the TV to get the update?

as for the repeaters, my router is two floors above the TV and I can't move it, so I got repeaters thinking that might be a solution. Evidently I was wrong. It may degrade the signal too much. Can you  suggest anything else I could try?

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

If the television does not download it when you check for updates, then this is the only way.

Signal is dropping, so either a software issue, interference issue or hardware issue. We're trying to resolve software, it could be interference. If it is neither of those, it is hardware and will require service.

0 Likes
john329
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have seen many complaints in the forums concerning this issue with much newer equipment. They basically complain about their Soundbar dropping out.

I was able to reconnect everything yesterday. I set up the surround sound through the TV rather than the Multiroom app and there was no drop out last night. So, the problem could be a lot of things.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Let's see what today brings. 

0 Likes
john329
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Grouping the array via the TV rather than using the Multiroom app on my iPad seems to work better, but I'm still noticing the Sound Bar trying to break connection or actually breaking connection. The speakers still continue to produce sound, but I get a disconnect message on the Soundbar and then it goes back to normal operation in a few seconds. I'm wondering if I can connect the Soundbar to the TV via USB. Will I still be able to wirelessly connect the two rear R1s to the array if I use a USB cable for the sounbar? The soundbar seems to be creating the problem.

0 Likes