cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jwc58
Constellation

Multiroom speaker problem

I purchased two WAM1500  360 multiroom speakers set up on wifi network each speaker plays flawlessly by itself however when grouped the speaker listed second in the group cuts out intermittently, If I regroup the speakers so that the order is changed it is always the speaker listed second in the group that cuts out. Any suggestions?

51 REPLIES 51
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Multiroom speaker problem

Hey Jwc58, by chance does moving the speaker closer or further hold any different results?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

users0x1PReAgm
Constellation

Having the same issue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Sorry to hear, I have the same question for you; moving the speaker closer or further hold any different results?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userrLrbqwAafm
Constellation

I am  having the same issue.

I have 3 R3 speakers in a multi room group. Two of the speakers constantly drop out. I have tried switching the speaker locations. Same issue. Sometimes I have to wake up the speakers by touching the top. Other times i have to unplug the speakers and ungroup then regroup them to work together

I have an access point setup so i have very good coverage and very good signal strength. All speakers are controlled from the same samsung tablet which doesn't move from the kitchen location.

Very frustrating and time consuming. Returning them would be another reel pain. I have already returned a Samsung M7 shape speaker because the sound quality was really bad.

Also the volume levels keep changing on their own.

It seems like a lot of people are haveing the same problems. hope they fix this thing soon.

userZi6xdksJfT
Constellation

I have the same problem with M3 speakers. I have setup up a wifi bridge (AP) with a airport express to connect only the speakers to it, it helps.

Regards

Jeff

users0x1PReAgm
Constellation

Unfortunately moving them closer (i live in 600sqft) hasnt helped. The problem and skipping has actually been getting worse. Any solutions or updates for this?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If the distance has no affect on the skipping or sound quality and you have attempted to repair the speakers. I would recommend reaching out to the multiroom support team first to ensure there isn't something wrong with the software: multiroom.us@samsung.com  then if everything checks out software wise I would look into having a technician look at the unit. For in warranty services you are welcome to message us for details: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

userg1IiDYyQZ1
Constellation

The same issue for me. Two R3 speakers and the multi-room app. One speaker reverts to bluetooth all the time and the wi-fi set-up needs to be reset every day/few hours.

I have tried every combination of location and connection but without result. I contacted the technicians who arranged for the one speaker to be fixed under warranty. I think they replaced the wi-fi unit. All to no avail.

Exactly the same problem as before and a continual pain.

I really wouldnt recommend Samsung speakers at all. Given the price and the lack of support for tghis problem I would suggest there are better and cheaper options.

Supernova

I am sorry to hear this. Do you have a previous ticket number I can look into?