cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: My HW-Q90R Soundbar's Rear Speakers volume is too low

After waiting seven weeks to get mine, I finally set it up yesterday and there is basically very little to be heard coming out of the rear speakers. Not happy. There must be a way to calibrate the sound. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes! My exact issue. All updated but the room doesn't fill with music and you can't set or calibrate the rear speakers at all. Same complaints that for the money, my previous copper wire set up (which didn't do Atmos) was far superior on being able to upmix and split music across the room.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, come on Samsung  - tell us something about this issue. Please!! Surely something can be done with an upgrade. If not say so. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same problem almost no sound on the rear speakers. It is not a connection issue and I have the latest firmware.  I also boosted it up to max 6. Unbelievable, that Samsung does not reply and does not come up with a solution!  So many customers with all the same problem. If you are thinking of buying it, think twice. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the exact same issue. When playing a Dolby Atmos Youtube  demo  or a Streaming a movie with Atmos - I hear very little sound from the rear speakers.  I just installed this last weekend. I've check and have the latest firmware.  I literally have to put my ear to the speaker to hear anything. It's not a connectivity issue as I do hear something. It's just very low... and I've also gone into the settings and boosted rear speakers to 6. 

Soundbar is connected via HDMI ARC to my OneConnect Box.  Clearly something isn't decoding correctly. 

@userSxehUN3RWv wrote:

Hello,

Just purchase HW-Q90R Soundbar week ago, but after doing some settings, firmware update and volume calibration, I found out that the both rear speakers volume are too low. I haven't tested the Dolby Atmos yet (because my TV is not supporting), but when I playing music or movie, I really need to put my ear close to the rear speakers to be able to hear the sound. 

Anyone have the same experience? 

thanks

Robert 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I haven't buy the HW-Q90R yet as I'm still reading reviews such as yours.  What you're describing sounds like it's a known issue and Samsung have a software fix for it.  Samsung described it as "no sound" as opposed to "low volumn" in the way you have seen, and I don't for sure if the "no sound" actually applies to your case also.  I don't remember where I read it, but some people said they had to update using USB to make it work.  Below link is what Samsung had to say what seems to be your problem.  Good Luck ... It's a nice soundbar if it works.

https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/tv-audio-video/no-sound-from-rear-speakers-or-subwoofer-on-the-hw...

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202075/

Highlighted
Asteroid

YES! Me too. Soundbar is brand new, plugged it in last night, updated the firmware and .... almost NO sound comes from rears. A bit, but only if you put your ear to it. I have it turned up to +6 (as high as it goes, why '6' I wonder?) and you cannot hear them, or can barely hear them.

This is pretty dissapointing.

Is there a setting to 'force' sound from the rear speakers to play?

Why can they not be turned up?

The sub is pretty quiet too, but the rear speakers barely add anything at all.

I came here from searching the internet looking for answers to the question 'why are my rear speakers so quiet' and 'my new Q90R soundbar rear speakers are too quiet'.

I look forward to an answer about why this is, and what setting I would need to adjust to at least get something played in those rears? It's very frustrating.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same Issue, someone use usb update and desolate issue ??

Samsung Weak up !!!

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same issue. Has anyone tried to update the sub and rear speakers? Not just the sound plank? Look at this procedure. I haven't tried it, but will try once I get home. I assume it needs WiFi, I don't know how it gets the update. Perhaps it needs to have contact with the Smarthings app.

If you try please let us know if it works.

Update sub and rear speakers.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

Performed the USB update to version 1008.0 and 126R for the sub and rears. Made no difference. Suppose it's just the way they calibrated the stereo upmix to 5.1 (which you are unable to recalibrate yourself). Very annoyed by this. Great for movies (Atmos ftw) but for music I want the whole room to be filled with music which isn't possible at the moment, and for a (at the time) €1500 set....