cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

My blu-ray disc player BD-F5700 can't find any wifi networks

I'm trying to program a Samsung remote app, and in my disc player's network settings, it isn't finding ANY wifi networksand there are at least a dozen it could show. I can't find any other way to connect it to wifi that will work. I even unplugged and then restarted both the disc player and the wifi router. It's already on the latest available software update, which was back in 2014. 😬

Any help?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My blu-ray disc player BD-F5700 can't find any wifi networks

I'm sorry to hear that, are you trying to connect to 2.4ghz or 5ghz? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I've tried both

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried a factory reset on the blu-ray player? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks you, @SamsungCaleb 

I have not tried a factory reset yet, although I did do an power unplug and replug of both the player and wifi modem/router. 

I  tried the factory reset and it did not fix the problem. Under initial settings, it still shows NO wifi networks; the WPS function does not work, and search also fails to find any networks.

Also, when I try to connect via pressing the WPS buttons in the Samsung menu and on my router, the Samsung screen returns an error message  saying it cannot connect and it requires an AES security setting. Both the 2.4 and 5ghz networks have a WPA2-PSK [AES] setting.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If possible can you use your hotspot on your phone and see if you are able to connect to that? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you for your continued help, @SamsungCaleb, but at this point I've grown tired of trying to fix this issue and I'm giving up. I will try this as a last resort when I feel up to giving it one more try.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Keep us updated! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Also, I am loathe to go through the time-consuming process again of trying to add a network—I've already tried that unsuccessfully several times.