Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userT0eLh8lSjJ
Constellation

N950 Soundbar ARC issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello.

I just bought my N950(960) Soundbar and have it all set up on Wifi etc.

I connected it to my Philips PUS7101 tv on ARC and it worked fine for like 5 minutes, then the ARC never worked again, only shows D.IN and no sound.

I tried another HDMI cable to make sure it was not the cable that was fault, then i tried on different ARC Hdmi inputs on my tv, no difference.

ARC simply dosnt work. 

I have the latest software (tried to update)

For me this is useless..... thinking of returning this if this cant be fixed, or return it for a new one, i dunno if a new one will have the same errors.

Anyone have some good advice for me?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: N950 Soundbar ARC issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please check this Information Link for assistance with this connection.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please check this Information Link for assistance with this connection.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

userT0eLh8lSjJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found out that when iwas in advanced settings on my philips tv i had a choice for activating som sort of Smart-Link. After this ARC is detected and it works like a charm Smiley Very Happy

usercQJKzEqzLB
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Samsung HW-K950 Soundbar, Samsung UBD K8600 4k Blu-Ray, and  Samsung KS9800 78" SUHD tv.   I've had it set-up correctly for 2 years, but now ARC option is gone.   I cannot seem to get it to come back, unplug, re-plug, replace Connect One, swayp HMDI cables, restore to factory and re-install.   First, most inquiries seem to put the blame for ARC issues on the soundbar, but why wouldn't the culprit be the tv unit.   Is there an explanation for blaming one over the other.  WIthout the ARC, the tv unit is connecting to the soundbar via wifi when you select sound options - this is the only Samsung HW-K950 that appears.   So, the setup is Directv box connected to Connect One box.   Blu-Ray and Xbox to HMDI 1 and HMDI 2 on the HW-K950 soundbar.   ARC from soundbar to HMDI4 (ARC) on the Connect One box and then the Connect One cable to the tv.   The Blu-Ray and Xbox provide Dolby ATMOS with the blue light shown on the soundbar.   The bottom line question is -  Should I even care about the ARC???  The audio return channel only matters when the tv is providing the audio signal.    The wifi carries a full Dolby 5.1 surround signal which is the best Directv offers and Neflix and Amazon apps from the tv only provide Dolby 5.1 because the Samsung tv cannot provide a Dolby ATMOS signal.   If I want Netflix with a Dolby ATMOS signal, the Xbox gives that to me after you set it up.    Should I just stop caring that the ARC has disappeared.   I should finally add that we were away for 2 weeks.  There were strong thunder storms and the Directv box had to be replaced - coincidental or not.    When I rebooted the system, there was also a new software download to the tv the took place.    Any thoughts or opinions or other possible fixes???

usert5raoo0Qrp
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exactly the same issue with a Samsung Q8. It used to work fine with cable box into TV (connect one) sending audio through ARC to Hw-k950.

I plugged cable box HDMI into soundbar for a few months and got better audio than via the TV. But for the same reasons (Netflix etc) I've gone back to the TV.  I've tried everything, even opened the manual to check TV HDMI IN, to soundbar ARC port, and set soundbar to D. IN

I get silence... And yes I ended up using the wireless option, I'd much prefer HDMI 

Still going to keep trying... 

usert5raoo0Qrp
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I actually just went back in the next night.

I pressed speaked add button on the soundbar which prompted me to join wifi again which I skipped, and changed to D. IN

I then used the soundbar remote, held down 'right' to enable Anynet+ and it started working.

I turned anynet on and off a few times yesterday too

squireafd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Year return it for a different model. Samsung doesn't know how to fix it.

user3dpSwzOBmS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exactly the same issue. ARC signal loss intermittently at the start of the TV. The soundbar stays on D.IN without switching to ARC automatically. I have to unplug and electrically reconnect the sound bar to find the signal ARC with the audio. For Samsung technical service the problem does not come from the sound bar but from the TV or HDMI cables. Reading here or on different forums I see that I'm not the only one to encounter problems with the ARC link on this bar of sound though. And we all have different tv and cables...

Please Samsung can you solve this problem and offer us a solution because I think this is unacceptable for a soundbar at 1500 € !!!

Highlighted
userAtDb94bDZu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There seems to be a problem with the Samsung Sound Bar losing the ARC signal. This is happening across a wide range of TVs, both Samsung and non-Samsung, and it appears Samsung won't acknowlege it.

My rig is an LG OLED65C8PUA receiving the signal via ARC from an Apple TV 4K directly connected to the Samsung HW-K950. Cables are all certified.

Problem: when the soundbar is turned on, the HW K-950 will sometimes (randomly, 1/10 times) not recognize an ARC signal. This forces the TV to use its Internal Audio, and nothing comes from the soundbar. It appears to be a problem with ARC negotiation between the Samsung and the other devices.

Workaround:

1. Hold down the right side of the circular button on the Samsung remote until it reads "OFF -  Anynet+".

2. Now hold down the left side of the circular button on the Samsung remote until it reads "OFF - Auto Power Link".

3. Now repeat those two steps in 1 & 2 above to turn Anynet+ and Auto Power Link back on. 90% of the time this works, and appears to force the soundbar to renegotiate ARC successfully.

4. 10% of the time I will need to take an additional last step, and go to the TV's Sound menu to find that the TV has given up on ARC negotiation and is set to Internal Speaker. Then I have to manually change it from Internal Speaker to HDMI ARC mode.

These steps have addressed the problem for a year. However, it is clear that the Samsung firmware needs to have a code update to perform a more rigorous check for an ARC signal. I suspect that this is a signal latency issue between devices and Samsung isn't waiting long enough before the bar gives up. The LG seems to wait far longer and only gives up in rare instances. The Apple TV 4K doesn't seem to ever give up and never needs a reset to make all of this work.

userXQ4vftzEs4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I replaced a soundbar with a new Q70R and I immediately experienced the random disconnect after never having it happen over 5 years with an older soundbar. 

Apple TV -> Q70R -> Vizio TV

The anynet and power resets did not help. I believe I've solved the problem. My Vizio tv's "system" preferences has an option for CEC. The choices are Disabled, ARC Only, and Enabled. Switching to ARC Only from Enabled seems to have fixed the problem. 

disclaimer: I don't k own if the Samsung soundbar supports CEC and the vizio menu notes that ARC Only is for plug and play Vizio soundbars.