cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userv2CHVzIX7N
Asteroid

N950 soundbar auto power off

How to do disable it from automatically powering off?  Its powers off after a couple of minutes if sound isnt played....ie. when i pause a show or have youtube on without playing a vid.  Im comnected via arc to Q9FN75 .  

22 REPLIES 22
userv2CHVzIX7N
Asteroid

Re: N950 soundbar auto power off

press left arrow and hold for 5 sec

coolin
Constellation

@userv2CHVzIX7N wrote:

press left arrow and hold for 5 sec

I don't think that disables the auto power off. I have tried that on the K950 and it still turns off after 5 minutes of inactivity.

Samsung support confirmed that there is no way to turn off the auto power down on the K950 and I assume the N950 is the same. 

userrhtAwYaI2s
Constellation

Has there been a fix for this yet? Pretty much a dealbreaker if they don't fix this

coolin
Constellation

@userrhtAwYaI2s wrote:

Has there been a fix for this yet? Pretty much a dealbreaker if they don't fix this

It has never been fixed yet on the K-950 so I doubt it will be fixed anytime soon on the N-950. 

usersFKYUmISnm
Astronaut

Really don’t get why they have done this, so annoying!!!

coolin
Constellation

@usersFKYUmISnm wrote:

Really don’t get why they have done this, so annoying!!!

Guess they think nobody pauses their TV for more than 5 minutes.

userv2CHVzIX7N
Asteroid

If they are that lazy to have an off feature, just modify the code to increase the poweroff timer to 9999.  Lazy coding but it gets the job done.  I'm contract for hire.  Samsung, ping me.

I'm having this issue as well.  I really wish Samsung would fix this.

On a related note, I have a QN65Q7FN TV along with the HW-N950.  Does anyone know if I can use the TV remote to power on the soundbar when this happens?  Or, do I need to keep the soundbar remote out for when this happens?

userdKjpmkZuA2
Constellation

This issue was absolved in the K series. Seems the option is a hidden menu for the N series too....

Refer to page 30 of n950 manual....
"Auto Power Down On/Off (AUX mode) page 27" so yes, it can be turned off somehow.

If there's no AUX mode (K series had it), try holding PLAY/PAUSE for 5sec in each different source menu?