cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobnobble
Constellation

NU8000 TV with HW-550 soundabar auto volume not working

My Samsun un49nu8000 TV doesn't allow auto valume with my samsun hw-550. How can i enable this feature? 

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NU8000 TV with HW-550 soundabar auto volume not working

Thank you for reaching out, do you have anynet+ enabled? You can enable it by pressing the Home button your TV remote, and then navigate to and select Settings > General. Select External Device Manager, and then select Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) to turn it on. Next, connect an external device using an HDMI cable, and then turn on the device - it will automatically connect to the TV. After the connection is established, you can access the connected device's menu using your TV remote and control the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Hobnobble
Constellation

Thanks for getting back to me. 

When connect the soundbar thru HDMI it shows up in the sound output settings by name now. But the TV autovolume setting is still grayed out. I verified Anynet+ is enabled. The volume control works just fine it's the autovolume setting I'm looking to conttrol, so it's easier to hear at night without being too loud in movies and that sort of thing. 

It doesn't allow me to use the Auto-Volume setting when connected by BlueTooth or by Optical connection either, only when the Sound Output is TV Speaker.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried connecting through HDMI(ARC)? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.