JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Need Advice For Sound Bar Mode Setting For Spoken Dialogue

(Topic created: 06-22-2019 04:31 PM)
JP11
Halo
Options
Home Theater

I’ll be setting up a new HW-Q80R sound bar tomorrow. I’ve been using an older Samsung bar that I frequently set on Night mode to better hear spoken dialogue in movies without cranking up the volume and have the sound effects shake my floors. The new sound bars including the 80 do not have a Night mode. Is there an equivalent mode setting that would be recommended or will it be necessary? I’ve found Night mode to to be better for this purpose than Clear Voices or any of the other modes. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

I would recommend turning on Adaptive Sound.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

I would recommend turning on Adaptive Sound.

JP11
Halo
Options
Home Theater

Thanks, that was going to be my choice as it would seem to be the closest to what I want. I have to ask though, has this worked for others?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

No problem. As far as whether it has worked for others, I have no idea. Hopefully someone in Community can chime in. 

JP11
Halo
Options
Home Theater

I’m marking this as solved in that I believe Adaptive mode would resolve any voice issues. However now that I’ve Installed the sound bar the voice and dialogue clarity is so good that I haven’t had to change modes from the default Standard. I’ve been extremely impressed with this device. My previous sound bar was a Samsung K550 which had served me well but the difference with the Q80 is stunning. Very pleased. 

I used the Smart Things app to connect it to my WiFi but the app does not see the current firmware version that was released at the end of May so it says I’m up to date. I assume that will be resolved over time

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Yea, it shouldn't be an issue, it will update once the update is pushed out to your specific region. 

I'm glad to hear that you're liking your soundbar! 

userozAdHh3XPn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hello, I am new to using this sound bar and would appreciate if anyone could advise me on what settings are optimal for voice clarity AFTER selecting ADAPTIVE mode (which I completely agree is excellent).  

My wife still needs CC on even with Adaptive mode, however, so can anyone please advise on what levels are best for CENTER, FRONT, and REAR speakers (6 to 0 to -12) to enhance voice above background.  Also, should I use the Virtual setting or not (current it is OFF)?

I keep the SW at 0.  I tend to adjust Treble and Base for higher Treble (~3-4) and lower Base (-1).  

FYI, we mostly watch shows on Netflix or Amazon, many in 4K UHD with at least Dolby 5.1 or Atmos.  HW-q70R samsung settings for voice clarityMy Settings on the Samsung TV include, HDMI, Bitstream, andDolby Atmos.

THANK YOU!

0 Likes