JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New 3114 Firmware for HW-K950

(Topic created: 08-12-2017 06:53 PM)
userCYQiKZU8OP
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hey Samsung what does the new firmware do?  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
64 Replies
user3omj6WWa4f
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

So, it basically did nothing.  Still can't pass Atmos over Arc is an Atmos centric product.  Thanks. 

0 Likes
DiscoParty
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Yea, still no atmos support period for me. 

Still powers down after a few minutes

Still drops rear speakers occassionally

Still degrades rear speaker quality

0 Likes
useruHE6SIQPOh
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Hi there, has there since been a fix to the isssue regarding the sound bar to power off after pausing something for longer then a few minutes? I find it so annoying having to turn on the sound bar constantly. Cheers for any help. 

0 Likes
SVEVO ROMANO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

i think that ATMOS cannot be passed over ARC...

0 Likes
userZaZK3z0VwH
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
With the new LG oled tv can pass Atmos thru arc to the sj9 but it doesn't have this amount of bass .
0 Likes
userRbgJNC1YsV
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

hello again,

installed my HW-K 950 on Friday night and it works like a charm (well, ain't got ATMOS content as I haven't got a Blueray player and content myself with Netflix, Amazon prime video and the all-in-one package of Sky Germany. But I'm absolutely happy with the sound experience the system deliverts so far. No noise whatsoever from the rear speakers and eveerything else is fine.

Nonetheless, I've got another two questions:

So far, I didn't connect the system with my WiFi as I fear that it couzd automatically upgrade to the apparently dissatisfying FW 3114. Is this correct or shouldn't I bother?

And question two (not firmware related, sorry): I originally planned to plug my SKY receiver and my Amazon Fire stick into the HW-K 950 but my TV expert told me to connect them straigt with the TV (Sony KD-55X8505B) - which works fine. I nonetheless would like to know if connecting them with the soundbar would make for an even better result.

0 Likes
Shablamy
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I initially struggled a lot with this system, but now that I have figured it out, its a blast! The Atmos works flawlessly. I have had the occational speaker disconnect issue, but that could be of many factors. Not sure on what wireless spectrum the speakers connect, but I think most of the users complaining about multiple disconnects have some spectrum noise/conflict(I know thats not the endusers problem - not sure what Samsung can do about it, atleast tell us what spectrum is used..). The only other issue I have is that the system does NOT work with DTS-HD content(decode). All I care about is TrueHD and Atmos.

I'm on FW3114. Good product, still bleeding from the price.

0 Likes
Shablamy
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Forgot to add, I'm using a Minix U9-H media player running LibreElec 8.2.1.1. Connected to a LG 65" TV.

Minix -> HDMI1 on the soundbar -> ARC port out K950 to ARC port in LG TV

0 Likes
djobitwan7
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Only the new HDMI 2.1 hardware will allow Atmos or DTS:X over eARC on newer Electronic devices. So, all our electronics are 2.0 at best and it cannot be updated through software. Hope that helps a bit.

0 Likes
userYVlGvQ10ea
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I haven't been able to find any information about this anywhere. Checked both AVSforum and AVForums, Google, etc. This update is terrible. I seem to have lost DTS while watching 5.1 on TV. On some Atmos Blu-rays, dialog volume is now lower (vs. effects, music).

Samsung needs to provide a better explanation of what this update includes.

How about it, Samsung?