Original topic:

New HW-T40M Soundbar - Bluetooth Issue - Help

(Topic created on: 7/28/20 6:23 AM)
userTIgxEHgba4
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have a new HW-T40M w/ wireless sub soundbar that will connect to bluetooth device at set up but then at a later time will not connect to the previously paired device. This goes for phones and amazon echo devices. Even when going back into pairing mode, the soundbar will not pair with any device until a hard reset is done (unplugging and plugging back in). Once the soundbar is unplugged and reset, it pairs no problem. Once I go to use the previously paired device say hours later, switch soundbar to bluetooh ready input (even though it should switch when a device pairs), the device and soundbar will not pair. I have to pull the soundbar out and unplug the power cable, wait a few seconds and plug back in everytime. Then she pairs no problem. It is getting quite frustrating. Note - I did update to the latest firmware released 6/30/2020, this did not solve the issue. 

Suggestions?

12 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

How many devices are paired to the sound bar? Have you tried forgetting the pairing on the device and re-adding it?

With the sound bar on, please hold down the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons until you see the display change(it will likely show INIT)

After this try re-pairing the device and let us know if it helps.

0 Likes
userTIgxEHgba4
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi Gill - Thanks for the reply. I did the 'INIT' reset a few times before to no avail. After seeing your reply I  'forgot device' on my Amazon Echo device (only device that was paired, all phones in the house 'forgot' the T40M in bluetooth settings) unplugged the soundbar and then did the INIT reset again. Repaired Echo device and remembered in Alexa settings etc. last night, so she was paired and working when I turned in for the night.

Come this morning, turn on the T40M and switch input over to BT showing 'BT Ready'. Ask Alexa to connect to speaker and they do not connect. Go into Alexa settings and click connect to the remembered Samsung T40M sound bar, and they do not connect. Switch T40M into 'BT Pairing' they do not connect. 

Unplug soundbar from power for a few seconds and plug back in. 'BT Ready' and ask Alexa to pair... They pair just fine.... so the same issue. I have to unplug the soundbar everytime after a period of idle time to get device to pair. Very annoying. I have never had this issue with any bluetooth speakers. I can go months without using my Bose Soundlink and when I fire that up it pairs with my phone immediately.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

That is definitely odd, thank you for the update. When was the unit purchased?

0 Likes
userTIgxEHgba4
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Purchased on 7/18/20... is there any other ways to reset the Bluetooth?

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

The initialization is a factory reset of the device. I would recommend exchanging the unit with the retailer.

0 Likes
userSE1zL0X3L7
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have exactly the same isue. My only way of addressing it is unpluging it from the wall outlet and then it will pair fine. But after a few hours if i want to pair the same device (or any other) it wouldnt pair. I bought mine 2 weeks ago but i dont have the box anymore. What can i do?

userTIgxEHgba4
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I couldn't fix it and did not want to deal with the issue everyday as I use the bluetooth a lot - took it back and returned it to the retailer no problem. Purchased another Samsung model (slight upgrade) and the new one works as it should, connects everytime without issue. 

I would return/echange it while you still can with the retailer. 

useru1OLNaNEyD
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I'm having the exact same issue, and it looks like there are a few of us. It sounds to me like this product is bad quality in general. 

0 Likes
user6uStLf4sIL
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am having this exact same issue.  If quite a few of us are, why are they not addressing it?  I just purchased mine before Christmas.  I have no clue if the retailer will even take it back.  Why won't Samsung help?

0 Likes