cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userM6Lh7Gib0T
Constellation

No Disney+ surround sound

I can't get surround sound on disney+ when using my samsung smart tv disney+ app.  My surround sound works fine for my netflix, amazonprime, & regular cable just not disney+.  If I use my iphone app and stream it through my apple tv i can get surround sound but I would like to just use the smart tv app so my family doesn't have to use my iphone. Does anybody know how I get the surround sound working on disney+ using my samsung spart tv disney+ app?

18 REPLIES 18
user7X5pU69RW8
Constellation

Re: No Disney+ surround sound

I have the same problem. Surround sound works fine for me in every other streaming app, except for Disney Plus, where all I get is stereo. I tried talking to their support service through a live chat, but obviously that was of no help whatsoever.

userHVAMzMLxKx
Constellation

Same issue here. 

userArQWSO0y1Z
Constellation

Same issue here. Disney+ app on my Samsung tv does not do surround sound (unlike Netflix etc.) Chromecasting from my phone does. 

userct604SPYqz
Astronaut

Let me add my name to the pile. Been an issue since day one. I have to use my Xbox One X to get surround sound because the Disney+ app won't use it through the TV app.

With Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and any other TV app, the surround sound works just fine.

user7X5pU69RW8
Constellation

Does anyone have any insight into what the fix is for this? Is it just a matter of waiting for the app developers to fix the issue? I picked up a standard Amazon Fire Stick (non-4k) to see if that would get me 5.1, but I had the same problem with that. That was with the fire stick plugged directly into my A/V receiver, because I thought maybe there was a bug having to do with ARC, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Again, with the fire stick, as with the smart TV apps, all of the other streaming services gave me true 5.1 sound.

user8296QZf9fn
Constellation

On my FireTV Stick (4K version), I was able to get surround working by going into Settings -> Display & Sounds -> Audio, and changing the audio output from Best Available to Always Dobly Digital Plus. 

That assumes, of course, that your receiver supports DD+-- you might need to try using plain Dolby Digital.

Mildly annoyed that this was necessary- every other app on my FireTV Stick worked fine.

Haven't found a solution for the Samsung yet.

userMKU1ziOFry
Constellation

I had the same issue. But today I just checked and it is working. The version of the app is 1.1.5. 

user8296QZf9fn
Constellation

I think there might have been an update overnight, because I'm now getting surround.

App version is listed as 1.1.4.greedo - 1.1.a+024

GWO
Asteroid

Mine is still on 1.1.3 since nov 19th. Have been checking daily to see if an update was rolled out (EU here)