Original topic:

No audio

(Topic created: 04-01-2020 10:49 AM)
mkoppler123
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hi i currently have the q7cr sound bar hooked to the RU8000 television and I am not getting any sound from either of the sound bars hdmi inputs. I know the hdmi-arc is working because I can see where the television displays the sound bars info when ever I adjust the volume and it shows as tv arc on the sound bar display. Now I still receive a video image on either hdmi inputs on the sound bar. Now I can get sound if I change the audio output to wifi on the television, so I do know that it does still produces audio.

I did go through and reset the television and also tried unplugging the television and reinstalling the hdmi cables thinking that might also help, but it didn't. So hopefully someone might have a suggestion to try next

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Please send the serial number for the soundbar to this PM Link.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Ydania
Product Expert
Options
Home Theater

Hello useriWM4gTDRiK, 

I found this info on Samsung.com which seems to be the same issue you are experiencing. I have linked it below. Hope it helps 🙂

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109856/#no-sound-when-the-tv-is-connected-to...

0 Likes
mkoppler123
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Unfortunately I've tried everything and none of the suggestions work. Looks like i need to have warranty service done, but with the current virus condition that might be difficult to do.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Are you hearing sound from the TV when the soundbar is connected?

0 Likes
mkoppler123
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I get sound through the tv speakers when the soundbar is connected. The only time I actually get sound from the sound bar is when its connected to the TV through wifi, other than that both the hdmi and hdmi-arc inputs on the soundbar are just video with no audio on either one.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Is the Anynet+ (CEC-ARC) enabled on your television? If the Source button on the soundbar remote is pressed several times, do you see an option labeled D.IN > TV ARC?

0 Likes
mkoppler123
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Yes to both.

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Please send the serial number for the soundbar to this PM Link.

0 Likes