cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userBXxssu2BZf
Cosmic Ray

No sound from subwoofer and low sound level of HW-Q90R

Hi, I connected my desktop computer to the soundbar. Speakers from the soundbar are working but there is no sound from the subwoofer at all. The volumn of the two rear speakers are also very low. Could you please help me to resolve these issues? The LED at the back of the subwoofer and the two rear  speakers are in blue color so they are connected. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No sound from subwoofer and low sound level of HW-Q90R

Hey, give this link a shot.

userBXxssu2BZf
Cosmic Ray

Thanks but I have sound from the soundbar. The link does not talk about what to do with no sound from subwoofer.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would try changing some of the audio driver settings on the computer to ensure that it is pushing out as much information as possible to the soundbar. Depending on the source, certain speakers will sound lower than others. 

userjWAb6X8RKd
Asteroid

Check what is the output from your computer, verify setting in software that you are using to play. Probably it is set to stereo

userBXxssu2BZf
Cosmic Ray

Thanks. Under Windows 10's Settings->Sound, ouytput device is Sony TV *00. In Device Properties, Dolby Atmos for Home Theater is selected. Under Input device, Stereo Mix (Realtek(R) Audio) is the only option.

What settings am I supposed to select?

userBXxssu2BZf
Cosmic Ray

I have Dobly Atmos for Home Theater set under Windows 10 but on the soundbar, I set it to Surround. Is this the right way to do?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried using a format other than Atmos? You're going to have some variation based on the type of sound that you want versus the type and contents of the room. I would try different sound modes on the soundbar and different audio settings on the computer.