JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No sound out of subwoofer on HW-Q70T soundbar

(Topic created: 12-26-2020 03:35 PM)
usersjcVb5RPLk
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Subwoofer connected wireless to soundbar.  Solid blue light, but no sound, vibration or anything.  Tried everything but no help.

16 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Can you explain what troubleshooting steps you did? I would love to assist you on this matter. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userwN2A1VtcM7
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I am facing the same issue. I just bought a q70t sound bar. My tv is a samsung uhd 55inch 8series from 2016.

The soundbar works with no issues. The subwoofer also connects to the soundbar without any issues, the connection light is solid blue... However as op stated no audio out of the subwoofer!! I rest the connection couple of times but no luck.. please help!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Does this happen if you connect a different device to the soundbar?

0 Likes
NAcharya1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Having the same issue on the Q950T soundbar and Q90T  TV. The only workaround I have found that works is to power up all the connected devices (TV, soundbar etc. ) then after you see the solid blue light on subwoofer then unplug the subs power and replug the power. This seems to force the resync and reconnects to the soundbar.

For what its worth by rear speakers not having this issue just the sub. 

I am yet to try re sync'ing using the (manual) setup instructions to see if that helps with a more permant solution.  

usernTiieLLMmR
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have same problem. I have followed guidance from Samsung , updated sound bar software etc to no avail. The soundboard and woofer connect-solid blue ligh5 on subwoofer.

This is very annoying since only purchased one week ago.

Any ideas what to do now?

NAcharya1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

have you removed the power from the sub and reconnected did that work for you? while annoying its fixing the issue for me.

0 Likes
usernTiieLLMmR
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yes- and updated firmware and reset etc

0 Likes
usernTiieLLMmR
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I had same problem. However, i have solved. 

I had only connected soundbar to power and not the TV. The HDMI cable from soundbar i originbally connected went to SKY Q box. I hadnot used eARC HDMI cable connection from soundbar to TV. 

I now have  a deep base sound emanting from subwoofer- simple mistake on  my part.

0 Likes
userLi9szKjgug
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi, I'm using a QLED Q90T 55" tv and a Q70T soundbar. The connection is via eARC. I've even purchased a brand new HDMI lead that supports eARC.

Solid blue light on subwoofer. 

Updated firmware in tv and soundbar. 

Tried manual reconnection with subwoofer. 

Tried the initialisation of the soundbar. 

Tried unplugging the subwoofer and plugging back in.

Still no sound from the sub.

Tried external devices ie samsung phone. Still nothing.

Please help.