picard25
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My set-up is :-
TV - Samsung UE55JU6400 55" 4K Ultra HD Smart Wi-Fi LED TV
Soundbar :- Samsung HW-K550
Rear Spkrs :- Samsung SWA-8000S

The TV & Soundbar work perfectly-via TVARC setting-and the sub woofer connects to S/B via bluetooth.I bought the rear spkrs and they connect via bluetooth as well but I can not find a way to increase the volume of their output and they are virtually silent (hold 1 to your ear and you can hear the sound).I have various apps on my mobile but nothing allows to increase the volume from rear spkrs.
Any help would be appreciated.

useroxSGxgZTyU
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Yep, Dolby Digital seems to double the sound level.  A setting of 6 may even be too high.

0 Likes
useroxSGxgZTyU
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Another observation.  When I switched from an optical connection to Soundconnect, the required sound level for normal listening for the HW-K550 sound bar dropped from about 35 to 25, and the SWA-8000S sound level went up as well.  Also, the more important thing is that the Brighthouse/Spectrum TV controller can now adjust the Samsung TV sound level while using a Samsung soundbar.   

0 Likes
userXtsBX8Yito
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I must be an idiot..  i cannot manage to change the volume of the rear right speaker.  It toggles from 'rs on' to the left speaker level (which i changed to +6) and then it goes back to treble..  so i go thru the cycle again and when i get to the left speaker level i try to use the other buttons on the remote, thinking that one of them will toggle over to 'right speaker'.  Nothing.  So i have no sound in the right speaker..  tried re syncing, screwed with the wires to make sure they are in the proper amt and touching the metal, etc.

a little help please!  

user4dZVnzsK9q
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I too am an idiot.....does not work for me either!

useroxSGxgZTyU
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

The solution worked for me.  I have "full" volume now and I keep it on 4.   I still think it has to do with the volume output format from the TV.  I have a Samsung 8500 (curved screen).  You might try changing those parameters.   They may be different on your system.  My BFF has a Samsung 6200, and when I use the same parameters her TV the soundbar goes silent.  

0 Likes
userfYrRrCYkcp
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

The option before it cycles back to Treble is  "Rear Speaker LEVEL"... not LEFT.

I Thought the same thing until i let the font scroll. lol

0 Likes
userJ3oV8MpclP
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I had the same problem with the rear speaker set SWA-8000S. Very weak sound. So I added speaker output to line input converter (PAC L.O.C Pro LP3-2) and a pair of active 2x21W speakers (Edifier R1280T), both from Amazon. Now I have as strong rear speaker volume as I need.

0 Likes
Pythonboot
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

This was the fix for the SWA-8500S as well

0 Likes
userUqhqSyS6Gq
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Thank you!