cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
useriOMjjlk7AG
Asteroid

Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

Yes Nvidia is finally supporting G-sync through HDMI with a driver update later this year for VRR TV's and monitors. Read Here https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/lg-gsync-compatible-hdmi-big-screen-gaming/ 

What are the chances of the samsung 2018-2019 VRR TV's working with this. I'm asking because i have the 2018 Q8FN which supports VRR. Would it be possible for you guys to release a firmware update to help make this work properly like LG is doing?

22 REPLIES 22
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

useriOMjjlk7AG
Asteroid

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

The 2018 models support both freesync and VRR correct? Please make the 2018 models compatible with Nvidia VRR over HDMI Smiley Sad

userqWsVBnntz1
Asteroid

Please Samsung, been a fan for most of my life.   Please listen to us your fans!   Don't let LG stay ahead.   Freesinc through HDMI will push you ahead because your TV's are No.1!Heart

useriOMjjlk7AG
Asteroid

Please talk to someone about this. Nvidia has dropped driver 441.08 and now HDMI VRR/gsync is available through HDMI on RTX graphics cards. The TV detects gsync in Ultimate mode but is not working correctly atm with it. The fact that the TV is detecting gsync now with the driver update is proof enough that all we need is a firmware update for the tv to get it working correctly PLEASE RESPOND!

userFCpaQNhgpM
Astronaut

Please add VRR over HDMI with Nvidia 20 series graphics cards for the Samsung Q series TVs!!  LG was able to do it with a simple firmware update with their OLED TVs. 

userxGJF8eKhKQ
Constellation

I've just bought a Samsung 65Q70R so I really hope to see a driver update from Samsung to make it work the best possible way !! Smiley Happy

LG is doing it with their Oled so let's go Samsung do it too for your loyal consumer !! Smiley Wink

userTK4HAOvjon
Astronaut

Please add this. It is probably much more important than what you might think and I'm currently holding off a purchas between a Samsung and a LG until this is answered.

userHMit1sol7g
Constellation

Throwing my hat in the ring. Would love to see Samsung update the 2018 and newer TVs. Plenty of Nvidia users out there that would like to see this and would most likely choose Samsung over LG due to price point and not having to worry about burn in.

user1DbsWahmfN
Constellation

I also believe that this would be a fantastic addition to the 2018+ QLED TV ranges.

These TVs already have fantastically low input latency, and beat the competition for gaming, but not having g-synch will really hurt them in comparison to LG.

Samsung already hit a home run with the addition of Airplay2 on the 2018 models, vs LG initially adding it to their 2019 models only, and later backtracking on that. So some official statement of their intent would definitely help their marketing team, if it is technically feasible, or better, in the works.