Original topic:

Only seeing 5.1 not Atmos??

(Topic created on: 1/10/21 6:27 PM)
DentGuy
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi Everyone,

I purchased a new Samsung TV and Samsung sound bar surround kit. Both the TV and Sound Bar are advertised as supporting Dolby Atmos surround sound. I have "Atmos Compatability" checked in the audio setup and the sound bar is hooked up through the ARCe HDMI port with a high speed HDMI cable. Ive tried changing multiple settings on the TV and I can never get the sound bar to display "Atmos".

I am using the Netflix app in the TV and I know for a fact that the selections Im testing the Atmos sound with are offered with it.

Any ideas on what Im doing wrong??

- TV Q70t

- Sound bar Q950t

Thanks for your time 

Bob

0 Likes
4 Replies
Adaboy
Red Giant
Options
Home Theater
Try a DVD player see if that activates Atmos
0 Likes
NAcharya1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

What do you see on the sound bar? I believe you should see eArc on the sound bar display. That is by design when using tv native pps. 

If you try with a seperare device connected to the sound like a blu ray player it will show the audio channel signal. 

@Adaboy wrote:
Try a DVD player see if that activates Atmos

0 Likes
Solution
user4pEFI8sLkA
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the same problem. Best Buy tech suggested dropping $50us on an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K to access Netflix and Disney+. Neither displayed atmos in the content description through the tv app but magically do through the Stick. Another annoying problem is that I have to scroll through all of the sound bar inputs back to eArc for it to display atmos, of course while standing over the bar. 

q950t

q90t85

View solution in context

0 Likes
DentGuy
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I'm getting Atmos using a 4K fire stick. I just wish the TV apps supported it. 

0 Likes