Original topic:

Operating the volume of Samsung HW-M360 soundbar with a KU6500 TV remote

(Topic created: 09-25-2021 12:00 PM)
Deegant
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
Is this possible? The remotes look identical and I previously had the soundbar connected to a much older Samsung TV where that TV's remote was able to adjust the soundbar's volume. However, the KU6500's (55' curved) remote isn't adjusting the volume.

Thanks in advance! 
0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Hello, I was able to locate some information here Control your Soundbar to assist you further and to answer your question, yes, the television remote is capable of being used. The information attached above will be very helpful going forward for assistance.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Deegant
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
I don't see the attachment.
0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

I do apologize for that, let us try this way https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049279/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Deegant
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
I tried this prior to posting. I'm using an optical connection to connect the soundbar to the TV, and the auto power link function is set to on, however, the TV remote does not change the volume at all, all it does is display this symbol on the television:
20210925_160955_23798.jpg
0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Hello, I apologize for the misunderstanding, and to verify from the information you advised once the auto power link function was activated, you did make sure you also set the audio output on the TV as well correct? 

0 Likes
Deegant
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
The only available audio options I see are optical, TV, and Bluetooth. It is currently set to optical
0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Here is some more information that may help in the following hyperlink

0 Likes