JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Please activate Internet@TV Service to enjoy internet services

(Topic created: 04-07-2020 11:33 AM)
userTV6TsvK1YM
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have an older model home theatre system model #HTB-C5500 I have the screen come up Please activate Internet@TV Service. When I go to internet tv page I get a prompt to connect to the internet and enjoy variety of contents through Internet TV. That prompt will not go away . I've manually reset my clock and done everything in what helped others with their issues to no avail. Is there any resolution at all or is my player so old and outdated it's just a paper weight?? My goal is to be able to watch Hulu and Disney + for myself and my Grands. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Due to this being an older unit, Hulu opted not to continue support on legacy devices.  Disney+ only opted to have the app available on newer devices.  A lot of the streaming applications that used to work, have updated a lot of their interfaces, these updates are not compatible with legacy model televisions, which is why a lot of them have decided to no longer support these platforms.  

We apologize for any inconveniences that you're experiencing, some alternative options that you could use would be a Roku, Firestick, or other streaming device to connect to your current Samsung television.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Due to this being an older unit, Hulu opted not to continue support on legacy devices.  Disney+ only opted to have the app available on newer devices.  A lot of the streaming applications that used to work, have updated a lot of their interfaces, these updates are not compatible with legacy model televisions, which is why a lot of them have decided to no longer support these platforms.  

We apologize for any inconveniences that you're experiencing, some alternative options that you could use would be a Roku, Firestick, or other streaming device to connect to your current Samsung television.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userTV6TsvK1YM
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

So are there any streaming services that work with this device??? Netflix? And can you not activate Internet TV Services?

userXum57uwSKX
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Strangely this is not a TV, but a Blue ray player.  As for the issue it's self, it has origins as far back as 2013.  There also seems to be a similar problem with the C6500 model as well.  Much has been written about it on several forums.  Most seem centered around settings on the systems Page an time setting.

I would love to have an answer as I've the same problem, but so far nothing has worked.

We're I Samsung I think I would have put a bit more effort into resolving this issue rather than letting it drive customers into the arm's of competitors.

With the current pandemic demand for such products has got to be high and yet Samsung simply sits there with egg on it's face. 😞

Samsung_EWmewcx
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Tv

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Thank you for this information. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

0 Likes
userXpgjqeqJAn
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I haver the same issue. I have an older Blu-ray player Home Theater System HT-C5500. It includes 6 speakers and sounds great. It used ti have various internet features like Netflix and Pandora. I accidently changed the screen size yesterday and the only way to reset it was to reset the whole unit back to factory settings. When I did that I lost Netflix and Pandora.  I get the same thing as you when I go to Internet@TV. Just a screen with a message to "Connect to the internet...." 

Have you had any success?

Since I have nothing to loose I'm going to download the "latest" firmware from 2013. Load it to a thumb drive and then to the blu-ray player and see what happens.  

I may just have to buy a new unit. [edit]

0 Likes
usermK3FYunW1k
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have a Blue Ray player BD-C5500 that is also having the same issue. I am wondering how to activate my Internet@TV service. It used to work about 8 years ago. Has anyone figured out how to active their Internet@TV service? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
bklynbum
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Big tech companies don't care about your older devices.. They want you to buy new updated Models so they can make another billion dollars..
0 Likes