cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Problem with AKG n700 headphones keep rebooting during use, and unable to update firmware

Hi folks:

I bought a set of AKG n700 headphones last year.  The've been good for the most part, working well in wired or bluetooth mode.  

Recently, they started rebooting in the midst of use via bluetooth.  I've not used them via the wire connection in a while, so I don't know if this shows up there as well.

This happens when connected to any of  my laptops, my phone (s10+), or my computers.  

I installed the AKG app from google play store, and it connects with the headphones.  But when I try to update the firmware on the headphones, it claims that the battery is at 30% and it needs to be at 50% or greater to update.  This is after a full charge cycle.

So I am looking for some way to force the headphones to reset its internal state, so that I can update the firmware.  Assuming that the issue is the firmware and not something else.

Does anyone have guidance on this?  Is there a secret reset button that forces the system back to factory spec state, so I can initiate FW update?   

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Supernova

Re: Problem with AKG n700 headphones keep rebooting during use, and unable to ..

Have you checked out the AKG manual and support site for a reset method?

--

Please click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. Click the heart to let me know your appreciation!

Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.
Highlighted

Re: Problem with AKG n700 headphones keep rebooting during use, and unable to ..

cool