Original topic:

Q-Symphony not working

(Topic created: 06-09-2020 03:24 PM)
BP2020
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

I can't seem to get the Q-symphony feature to work on my new QN65Q7DTAFXZA tv (2020 model) and new soundbar HW-Q60T/ZA (2020 model).  I've connected the soundbar to the TV via HDMI as the manual instructs, and set the sound bar source to D.IN (TV arc), which is supposed to add a "Sound Output" option under TV settings (TV + Soundbar), but TV + Soundbar does not appear under sound output.  Over the past week I've spent almost 3 hours talking with 3 different Samsung support technicians, and none of them seemed to know what Q-Symphony was or the sound setting referenced in the manual.  Ultimately after about 45 mins of troubleshooting with each of them, they each said it should be working and they don't know why.  The 3rd technician tonight now wants me to mail the sound bar to a repair depot so it can be diagnosed...which is a terribly inconvenient option. 

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue and figured out how to resolve it?  I really don't want to have to mail back a brand new sound bar and wait who knows how long before having it returned/replaced.  If it matters, the sound bar was purchased directly from Samsung.com.

userKpiMJ2sXYl
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Make sure you are not using HDMI pass through. Plug the soundbar into the eARC port and your video source into another HDMI port on the TV. That was my issue. 

0 Likes
BP2020
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@userKpiMJ2sXYl wrote:

Make sure you are not using HDMI pass through. Plug the soundbar into the eARC port and your video source into another HDMI port on the TV. That was my issue. 

Thanks for responding but I think I'm already doing that.  I have an HDMI cable going from cable box to HDMI 1 on TV, and another HMDI cable going from soundbar (eArc port) to TV HMDI 3 (eArc port).  On sound settings -> expert settings, pass through is not selected, and soundbar souce is set to D.IN as manual says to do.  I've had 2 different samsung tech's remote in and tweak my settings but no luck.   The issue I'm having is that "TV + Soundbar" does not appear as an option under Tv's Sound Output settings as manual states is supposed to happen.

At this point it looks like I'm going to have to mail the soundbar to the repair depot on Monday, and I'm skeptical that anything is wrong with the soundbar...I think it and/or the TV just needs a firmware update, but can't get Samsung techs to acknowlege the problem.

userBY87s1T4nr
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Just bought new  80 4k 65 inch and   70 sound bar can not get mine to work either  Bought it  especialy for  Q- SYMPHONY  after hearing it at Best Buy. Dam what the heck maybe ill return both

0 Likes
userpGDyAPlOWI
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Iam having the exact same issue with Q80t TV And Q70t soundbar. In fact q symphony worked Fine when i first plugged the soundbar in. Then it stopped working after i turnes the tv off and on again next day. 

0 Likes
userh3QqvOh1OV
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have same issue ... just received the sound bar ...  and it does not display the option to use TV and soundbar ... marketing hype ... poor execution 

0 Likes
BP2020
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@userh3QqvOh1OV wrote:

I have same issue ... just received the sound bar ...  and it does not display the option to use TV and soundbar ... marketing hype ... poor execution 

I don't suppose you've talked to Samsung's tech support?  Just curious if we're getting the same run-around...

I'm torn.  I don't think there's anything wrong with my soundbar that would require it to be shipped out for diagnostics but today I got an automated text from Samsung saying my shipping label/ticket will expire in 7 days.   Either I ship it out and risk it being damaged to and from transit (which Samsung isn't responsible for), or I wait for who knows how long and just hope Samsung fixes the issue with a firmware udpate?  I have a feeling that the diagnostics will say there's no defects and ship the same soundbar back to me and still have the same problem...

0 Likes
BP2020
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Quick update:  got my hopes up, but no luck.

I just saw that a firmware update was added to the soundbar's product page yesterday (6/5/20).  I was really hopefuly this was going to fix the issue, but no.  I downloaded the update and updated the soundbar via usb drive as it instructs, but it didn't fix the issue I'm having.

Sigh.

0 Likes
usertTgyYabCbb
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

I think you'll find your model does not come with Q-Symphony.

I've been trying to research soundbars for my QN82Q7DRAFXZA which was mfg. in Jan. 2020

but it is a 2019 model I'll bet yours is the same. All the new models with Q-Symphony start out with Q8 or Q9 (no QN) and they're really expensive (of course). I did read where it's only a software update to the tv so I'm hoping they upgrade the QN models since the Q-Symphony sounds like a great option. 

0 Likes
BP2020
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@usertTgyYabCbb wrote:

Hello,

I think you'll find your model does not come with Q-Symphony.

I've been trying to research soundbars for my QN82Q7DRAFXZA which was mfg. in Jan. 2020

but it is a 2019 model I'll bet yours is the same. All the new models with Q-Symphony start out with Q8 or Q9 (no QN) and they're really expensive (of course). I did read where it's only a software update to the tv so I'm hoping they upgrade the QN models since the Q-Symphony sounds like a great option. 

Thanks for the response but I'm certain the TV and soundbar are both 2020 models.  All 4 Samsung "Pros" I talked to, and the tech support guy I live chatted with, confirmed that the tv and soundbar are q-symphony compatible but no one knows why "TV + Soundbar" doesn't appear in the Sound Output settings.

As for model names, it seems the 2020 models have a T in their name and the 2019 models have an R.  For example, mine is a Q7DT (same thing as a Q70T but this is the version Costco sells), and I think the 2019 version is Q7DR.  When I bought mine from Costco the 2019 model was $1,000 and the 2020 model I bought was $1,300.

0 Likes
BP2020
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Quick update:  I mailed the soundbar to the repair depot today.  After much time/effort dealing with the Samsung "Pros" and not getting anywhere I didn't really have any other options. 

I will post an update once they repair/replace it and whether q-symphony is actually working once I get it back.

Good luck to the rest of you having the same issue.  If you find a resolution, please share it.

0 Likes