JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q-Symphony problems

(Topic created: 03-21-2021 07:10 AM)
usera5woyd5Uhi
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I've just purchased a 2020 Q900TS and Samsung kindly threw in an S60T sound bar. 
I've connected the 2 via optical cable as per the instructions, set the input for the sound bar as D.IN but the sound option on the TV for "TV+Soundbar" does NOT appear as stated.

In the hunt to find it repeatedly turning everything off and on "TV+Soundbar" did appear as a sound output labelled "TV+[AV]Soundbar S60T (Wi-Fi)". Getting excited and selecting thing did make both the soundbar and tv speakers work but not all channels so there would be no speech and it only appeared to be playing background noise but was impressively surround sound.

How can this be fixed? Clearly this is a software issue and not hardware. I removed and sold the existing surround sound system I had based on the cleanliness of a single soundbar linked to a tv with object tracking speakers only to find this appears to be a backwards step.

14 Replies
usera5woyd5Uhi
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I'm really sorry but what's plugged in backwards. 
There's only 1 optical socket on the tv which is an output and 1 optical input on the soundbar. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

I am sorry to hear about this. The HW-S60T sound bar does not support the Q-Symphony function. The compatible televisions and sound bars can be found at this link.  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00086542/

0 Likes
usera5woyd5Uhi
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

That’s not what Samsung’s own website state.https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00086542/ 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

The HW-Q60T has Q-Symphony. The HW0S60T does not.

0 Likes
user0QBF27fzxc
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I've got a 2020 Frame and a Q70T soundbar--I can get Q-Symphony to come up as an option if I pair the soundbar with the One Connect box via optical cable and set the soundbar input as WIFI. You CANNOT also have eARC HDMI bridging the One Connect box and the soundbar--if you do, TV + [AV] Soundbar Q70T (WiFi) won't come up as an option.

Note--if you do this, you won't have Dolby Atmos as an option, as eARC won't be engaged. It looks like you have to choose between Q-Symphony or the better sound quality through eARC. Can anyone confirm this or extend what I've found?

0 Likes
user9mo9CzGpnw
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Currently having the same problem with the 2021 model and a Q700A soundbar. I can find TV+ [AV] Soundbar Q700A (WiFi) but not the TV+ [AV] Soundbar Q700A [HDMI] the instructions stated I should find. My WiFi is also something of , so it's not ideal to use it for connections anyway.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

When you initially set up the sound bar and the TV, did you connect either device to the WiFi?

0 Likes
user9mo9CzGpnw
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
Yes, both connected to my wifi some how, likely through smart things
0 Likes