Original topic:

Q60T soundbar randomly cuts out

(Topic created: 11-16-2020 04:47 PM)
userwBAtILHVgZ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My q60t sound bar constantly and  randomly cuts out for 1 to 2 seconds every few hours. I have it connected via hdmi to my lg c9, it happens on all apps as well as live tv. 

23 Replies
userBWkakwftYq
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi, mine does the same. someitmes for 20+ seconds or I have to shut it off and turn it back on.

Using a Samsung RU8000 tv, with HDMI ARC connections., surround sound settings on cable box, and sound bar.  when it works its sound great but if I change channels or sometimes its just stops sound. It seems to loose sync with digital signal.,  i updated the firmware  with no help. Does seem to improve when connected via optical port, but loose the ARC feature. Not happy with the dropped sound.

userBWkakwftYq
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

It looks like if I set the bar to normal and the cable box to HDMI 5-1 the dropouts of sound stop. As soon as I have the bar on any other setting it drops out sound. but each morning the bar will not turn on unless I remove the power plug and wait a few seconds and then plug it back in. then it powers up and works fine for the day. So it acts like it locks up electronically over night for some reason.  I did notice some weird operation of sound from the bar when the cable box had a feature on that adds a "Picture sene discription" in the accessability settings. It cause a wicked lag and sync of sound and was what I thought was the main reason for sound issues. but that improved things set to off but did not resolve the dead power bar in the mornings i contnue to have. With the bar sound set to normal and the cable box set to HDMI 5-1 the sound is good and works well for now , no dropout or sysnc issues when fast fowarding or changing chanels. 

0 Likes
users3ZrRAE0qL
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Hi there. I have exactly the same issues with my soundbar. Were you able to fix the issues?

0 Likes
ringleret
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
any luck with this? I just got the q60t and have the same issue
0 Likes
usergSpEXnNkve
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I purchased one for Christmas and it does the same thing. Looking on other forums, it looks like Samsung has no fix for it.

0 Likes
user7y2JfXA9vz
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same problem here too. Upgraded the hdmi cables aswell and same issue. Sometimes it works fine, other times it every 5 mins or so. 
very hard to diagnose it. 
Any help at all Samsung?????????

SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109876/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userwBAtILHVgZ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
it's not the subwoofer that's cutting out, it's the actual sound from the sound bar
0 Likes
userISZrnclkGL
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

That's not the problem...the sound cuts continue. Any Samsung answer??

0 Likes