cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usero9t3ImhSJb
Asteroid

Q70 Permanently remove “Live TV Cable” from Home Screen

Using my TV with an unsupported satellite receiver. Because if this, I have removed the "Live TV/Cable" button from the home screen but TV adds the "Live TV / Cable" icon every time I turn the TV back on. 

How do I permanently turn this off?

Frank

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Q70 Permanently remove “Live TV Cable” from Home Screen

The TV Plus icon cannot be permanently removed from the home screen. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usero9t3ImhSJb
Asteroid

Actually, this is not the question I asked. 

How do I permanently remove the "Setup Live Cable TV" from the Home menu? I can remove it when I power on the TV, but it just returns each time I cycle the power. 

userP9jpAWvQX6
Astronaut

I asked Samsung support the same question and they replied that it wasn't possible, it was part of the inherent design of their tvs. I haven't had "live tv" for over 20 years, this is insane! So just as I stopped buying Samsung phones because of all the bloatware you can't remove, I won't be buying another Samsung tv either.

usero9t3ImhSJb
Asteroid

Dear SamsungLou,

Please help me understand. I cannot remove "Live TV Cable" because I need a way to "tune" to "Live TV or Cable". 

I only use a satellite receiver which apparently Samsung doesn't support.  How can I add MY satellite receiver to the "Live TV Cable" input? 

Thank you.