cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Q70R Soundbar Xbox One X no video

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought the Q70R sound bar wanting to listen to Dolby Atmos content, however I realized the Xbox has to be connected directly to the soundbar.

So I connect the xbox to the soundbar and the soundbar to the TV. I get audio, but no video.

My TV is the Samsung Q60. It seems that the 4k passthrough isn't working. Someone help please!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Q70R Soundbar Xbox One X no video

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Figured it out.

So what you have to do, is turn everything off. Unplug the the sound bar from the tv and unplug the xbox from the soundbar. Unplug both the xbox and soundbar from power.

Next, plug in the xbox hdmi to the sound bar hdmi in. Then plug the hdmi arc hdmi from the soundbar to the tv. 

Then plug both the xbox and soundbar to power.

Turn everything on and make change the source on the soundbar to hdmi.

Doing this worked for me and now the pass through is working great and I have dolby atmos!

However, my new problem is that I can't get the swa-8500s rear speakers to work when dolby atmos is activated.  I'll start a new thread for this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is you xbox 4k or 5k and what is your sound bar type and is it 4k or 5k

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They're both 4k. Xbox One X and Samsung HWQ70R.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Figured it out.

So what you have to do, is turn everything off. Unplug the the sound bar from the tv and unplug the xbox from the soundbar. Unplug both the xbox and soundbar from power.

Next, plug in the xbox hdmi to the sound bar hdmi in. Then plug the hdmi arc hdmi from the soundbar to the tv. 

Then plug both the xbox and soundbar to power.

Turn everything on and make change the source on the soundbar to hdmi.

Doing this worked for me and now the pass through is working great and I have dolby atmos!

However, my new problem is that I can't get the swa-8500s rear speakers to work when dolby atmos is activated.  I'll start a new thread for this.

View solution in original post