cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Q70T Audio Issues - Constant Cut Outs

I have a Q70T soundbar hooked up via HDMI-eARC to an LG B9 OLED tv, and I'm experiencing constant drop outs of audio with everything from the built in apps to my Nintendo Switch. Doesn't matter what app it is, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Spotify - all of them have a delay with the audio. The video or song will start, and it takes roughly half a second for the audio to come through. If there's a pause in the audio from a video, the soundbar once again has the half second delay, so sounds such as menu sounds are never heard, since they're so short. It's really frustrating, and I had a replacement Q70T shipped to me thinking it might fix the issue, but it certainly seems to be a firmware issue, and I'm also seeing others have the same issue. 

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Q70T Audio Issues - Constant Cut Outs

I assume you are facing the same PCM audio issue. However, I did recently notice a different Bitstream audio drop off issue that is random and not reproducible, unlike the PCM bug which is easily reproducible.

I highly doubt the replacement is gonna fix anything. One thing you can check is see if the replacement is on an earlier firmware version. Maybe they broke something in the v1006 firmware and an earlier version did not have this bug. (highly doubt that's the case)

Anyway, this is a bug that is present in all Q70T/Q800T units yet Samsung has not addressed this at all. All Samsung will continue to do is have you waste your time by sending your unit to a repair center while refusing to simply test this out and admit they have serious bugs in the firmware.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Yes I believe you're right. I've also noticed that if I'm playing my Switch, even if there's constant audio, like game music, the sound will still cut out randomly, almost like it's buffering. 

You're right though, it certainly seems to be a firmware issue and I really hope Samsung releases a fix for it soon. I would guess that as more and more people start buying the T series soundbars and noticing the issues, they'll really start to feel the heat. One can hope at least. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Sad to see how long this issue has been occurring. Any news on a fix for this??

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

They released a firmware update a few weeks ago that fixed the half second delay that would occur for short sounds, but I'm still experiencing a ton of dropout audio when playing my Switch. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I have the same issue. Pretty much only usable with atmos disabled.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Care to share more about this?  I don't actually get any Atmos content at the moment so I wouldn't mind living without it for a while.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

How do you disable Atmos? I don't see an option for that in the soundbar settings, and the Switch doesn't even output in Atmos. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I get the momentary cut outs from all inputs, maybe 4 times per hour.  It's really frustrating and would like to know if it is going to be addressed or not.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue, even more prevalent with Atmos enabled 4K Blu-ray - it drives me nuts. I specifically bought the Q70T Soundbar for its Atmos support and am left with a mess. Either disable Atmos or live with cut out sound...
Happens with both Xbox One X and Switch content, I haven't noticed it on my cable box but it is a mess.
Very frustrating