cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Q70r DOLBY VISION passthrough not working on NVIDIA SHIELD TV (2019)

I have Nvidia Shield TV 2019 connected to the soundbar Q70r and the soundbar connected to the TV (it's a Philips with both HDR10+ and DV) , both connections with HDMI cables 2.1.

Now Atmos is working fine with them but when I try to enable Dolby Vision option on my shield it reboot without any effect, so I'm stuck with ATMOS and standard HDR at moment... 

More precisely, as soon as I turn on the Dolby Vision toggle on the Shield TV,  the screen goes black and then the Nvidia logo appear followed by the andoid starting animation and I end up in the home screen (it looks like a reboot to me) where I still have the notification asking for Dolby Vision activation. If I follow the notification to enable the DV again the process repeat the same way...

I also tested something more,  yesterday I took the soundbar out of the equation, I tried plugging the Shield TV directly to the TV and Dolby Vision was reconized and working properly (ofc I don't have ATMOS this way becasue Netflix app on the TV doens't support it). I also used one of the same HDMI cables above... so the problem should be the soundbar... (???)

thank you in advance for your help

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Q70r DOLBY VISION passthrough not working on NVIDIA SHIELD TV (2019)

The problem is not the soundbar, it is the television. It also has to support Dolby Vision. And in order for the Dolby Atmos on the soundbar to work, the television has to pass through Atmos to the soundbar in this set up. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Q70r DOLBY VISION passthrough not working on NVIDIA SHIELD TV (2019)

Hello, 

Could you fix this issue? 

I'm having the exactly same problem with my shield and Q80R soundbar. 

Thank you.