cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Q70r HDR10 passthrough not working on Xbox

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought my new TV setup the Q90R and specifically the Q70r soundbar to get Dolby Atmos for my Xbox One X. Setup in this order Xbox > soundbar > TV (using hdmi/arc). Now in my xbox display settings I'm getting all these yellow warnings which doesn't make sense because then Q70r has 4k and HDR10 passthrough. so what am I doing wrong?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Q70r HDR10 passthrough not working on Xbox

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Check to see if HDMI UHD Color is enabled for the HDMI port. Mine was off and when I switched it on some of my Xbox errors cleared up.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Xbox warnings:

Your TV setup doesn't support 4k 10-bit at 50hz....

Your TV setup doesn't support 4k 10-bit at 60hz....

Your TV setup doesn't support all HDR10 modes...

Your TV setup doesn't support HDR10 for gaming....

If you connected an AV receiver or other device between your console and tv, that can affect these results.

Why is this happening when the Q70r has 4k and HDR10 pass-thru is there something in both the TV and Sound bar settings that I have to turn-on?20191113_205812.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried a different 4K cable that supports Dolby Atmos? 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am currently using 8k 48gb rated cables, 1 from Xbox to Soundbar and a 2nd cable from soundbar to TV.

I plug the xbox directly to TV today and I got all my 4k and HDR settings working again. BUT now my audio is going from the Xbox to the TV to the Sound bar through HDMI ARC. From my understanding the TV can't push audio such as ATMOS from an external source through the TV to the Soundbar. Again the whole reason the Sound bar has 4K HDR10 pass-thru.

I'm also leaning that if I do hook my Xbox to the soundbar I'll also lose low-latency mode and Variable Refresh Rate so now I'm even wondering if connecting to Soundbar is worth it, even if I can get the 4knand HDR10 pass-thru to work.

I'll be playing around with it the setups over the weekend so more.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please provide the full model code of the television. 

There is a trade off when connecting a gaming console to a soundbar. For increased audio quality, allow the soundbar to process the information. For increased video quality, allow the television to process the information. 

Do the cables themselves support Dolby Atmos? Dolby Atmos is proprietary, it requires that all connected components support Dolby Atmos specifically. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

TV model: QN75Q90RAFXZA

Dolby ATMOS works with the cables when directly connected to sound bar so I'm assuming the 8k cables work with ATMOS.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you used the Smart Things app to ensure that the soundbar is up to date? What is the current software version on the television? You can find the latest version here: Link

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can find compatible formats on page 138, this does exclude some of the options listed above: Link

Can you please clarify the setup where the Atmos does work? Have you tried using a different HDMI port on the soundbar when connecting the Xbox? 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the Soundbar only has 1 input HDMI and 1 output HDMI/ARC so I'm limited on options. I connect xbox to soundbar input then sound bar output to TV via ARC. Xbox then shows the errors listed above which tells me that 4k hrd passthrough is not working or being recognized.  Also not sure if there is a way to manually setup it up.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Check to see if HDMI UHD Color is enabled for the HDMI port. Mine was off and when I switched it on some of my Xbox errors cleared up.

View solution in original post