Original topic:

Q800C dropped wireless connection

(Topic created: 12-01-2023 10:44 PM)
userNNS9oENkSM
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

When I first installed the Q800C soundbar, everything worked fine for a couple of weeks, and then it dropped the wireless connection. Smart Things couldn't locate the device anymore.

To add further pain, the soundbar switches off for no reason and has to be switched back on to regain sound. This happens about once a day.

As far as the Smart Things app goes, I've tried its diagnostic instructions without luck over a number of days, hoping the link would return. The modem is less than ten feet/three metres away, so that can't be the problem, besides it worked to begin with.

I'm close to returning it to the store, despite being impressed with it otherwise. I would love to avoid that.

2 Replies
Bobbydollars
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

This happens to me as well on my qn800c.   Will work for a while then drop,  every other device in the roo. Is working fine and the. Router is 6 ft away 

0 Likes
Samsung_otNgWnW
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I permanently lose the wifi connection to my Q800c whenever the wifi connection is interrupted (like when I reboot the wifi access point after an upgrade).  Turning the soundbar off and pulling the plug and plugging it back doesn't make it reconnect, nor does rebooting the access point.  I have to remove it from SmartThings and re-add it to regain connectivity.  Sometimes I have to factory reset the soundbar to be able to re-add it to SmartThings.  Really annoying

0 Likes