cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Q80R soundbar not recognized by Q90R TV in HDMI 3 ARC

Yes, but they should fix these issues now. It has been over a month since the user above hit the nail on the head with his/her complaints and radio silence from the board moderators. Still sending out defective products and selling them as a high end sound bar at Best Buy and other locations. I bought mine through Magnolia and have already called them to request a replacement but I am worried it will

have the exact same issues.

Constellation

Do any of you have a PlayStation 4 plugged in? I have the Q80R soundbar and 65" Q85R TV and if I leave the PS4 plugged in when switching on, ARC won't work and the TV won't 'see' the soundbar. I suspect that the PS4 is 'blocking' the ARC handshake; as soon as I unplug the PS4 (by the way, it can be completely powered off and this issue still happens), ARC will work fine (I may need to go into TV settings and 'find' the soundbar).

I have spoken to Samsung Support and they said as far as they're concerned, as it works fine without the PS4, it's the PS4 to blame. I've tried various cables and settings (disabling HDMI CEC on PS4 and TV etc) but nothing seems to be working.

It's a pain but the only solution I found is leave PS4 unplugged unless I want to use it, and if I do, turn everything on first, ARC connected then plug in PS4 as this works fine.

If anyone has a solution to this I'd love to hear it.

I've updated firmware on the soundbar to latest version (July 19) and reset both TV and soundbar to factory settings as advised by Samsung but didn't cure the handshake issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

It is not only PS4 . I have my cable box connected on an HDMI input on my LG C9. If I unplug the cable box and power on TV and Q90r sound bar the ARC works. If not it doesn't 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I've had same/similar issues in this thread: 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Brand-New-HW-Q80R-Soundbar-not-keeping-setting-for-...

Basically, Samsung have properly dropped the ball here and looks like there's no proper fix!

Highlighted
Constellation

I have this issue with a Q70R TV.  The optical input doesn't work either.  The unit works fine as WIFI connected.  I'm wondering if there's a problem eith the external inputs board.