cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Q80R soundbar not recognized by Q90R TV in HDMI 3 ARC

I just purchased the Q80R soundbar to pair with my Q90R QLED. The TV initially would not recognize the soundbar at all in the HDMI 3 ARC input which is where I want to use it. I unplugged the soundbar for 60 seconds and plugged it back in. Then it worked.

However once I'm done watching something and turn the tv off, when I go to turn the tv back on later it's gone again. It will then only show the soundbar as available via the WiFi connection. The only way to get the TV to recognize it again when plugged into HDMI 3 ARC is to unplug it for 60 seconds again.

I tried to connect the soundbar to my smartthings app to see if updating the firmware made a difference but it won't connect to the app. I really don't want to return this. I love the sound when it's working. Does anyone else have this issue, or know how I can resolve it?

34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Q80R soundbar not recognized by Q90R TV in HDMI 3 ARC

I just got my new Q90r and Q70r soundbar and I'm having the exact same issue. I'll switch to ARC setting but it keeps dropping back to TV speakers or ARC thru Wifi. I'll have to try unplugging it but I just didn't firmware update 20 minutes ago so I'm hoping that didnt screw it up. I'm also not getting my 4k HDR10 pass-thru to work with my Xbox One X. I'm beyond frustrated as nothing is working as intended and for what we spent I'm not a happy camper.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@KrAuSh Are you able to connect to the soundbar via Bluetooth? Have you tried connecting the TV and soundbar wirelessly?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@SamsungGill  The soundbar does connect to the tv via the WiFi setting but will not connect via the HDMI arc unless I do a 60 second unplug. I tried connecting the soundbar to the smartthings app to update the firmware but the connection fails every time I try to connect it. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Let's get the update first and then we'll go from there. Have you tried connecting the soundbar to the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band? Are you able to see the soundbar in the Smart Things app?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@SamsungGill Hey Gill I'm actually on vacation right now so I'll try that first thing Tuesday night when I get back. Didn't want you to think the thread had gone dormant. Thank you!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

No problem! Please keep us posted. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@SamsungGill 

Hey Gill,

so the soundbar does show up on the smartthings app when I go to connect however it always fails at the point that it asks me to hit the volume down button on either frequency 2.4 or 5ghz. 

is there a way to factory reset the bar and then I'll reset my router?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You can reset the soundbar by powering it off and then pressing and holding the STOP button until it displays 'INIT OK'. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@SamsungLou 

Hey Lou,

There is no stop button on the provided remote with the Q80R Soundbar. I continue to get to the point of pairing it with my smartthings app where it says to push the volume down button and then it fails.