JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q850T Soundbar Firmware 9/15/2021

(Topic created: 09-19-2021 08:36 AM)
Roperband
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Updated last night by Wifi and it's causing massive issues.  First off, the update didn't really finish going through using "Smart Things."  It starts for a few seconds and then says there are no updates.

So now the soundbar gets stuck in a boot-loop when I try to connect the rear speakers.  If I unplug the rear speaker receiver the problem ceases, but this has made the unit unusable.

Anyone else update the firmware?

userBoQeGqSPUN
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Did you all try initializing the sound bar?

0 Likes
Roperband
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Of course!  No luck.

0 Likes
LobotomyFailure
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I tried:

- Initializing the soundbar (a half dozen times at this point)

- Unplugging the rear sepakers

- Updating the firmware repeatedly via the app

- Using only HDMI or optical for the source.  Only Bluetooth works without triggering the bug

I haven't tried:

- Updating the firmware via USB, but only because I'm waiting on a (late) shipment from Amazon of the female USB 2.0 to micro USB adapter.  The Twitter "support" is basically insisting I try that before they admit any issue.  Useless

0 Likes
Roperband
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I was unable to update via USB at all...it wouldn't even acknowledge that I had inserted the USB with the update.  

0 Likes
userQO72Z4fR7N
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have the same problem with HW-Q900t and SWA-9000s.

Soundbar works when i unplug the rears..

0 Likes
userBoQeGqSPUN
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I contacted Samsung support last night via chat and reported the issue.  They said no one else had reported the issue.  They told me I would have to contact service.  I think I will wait to see if a new firmware version comes out. 

0 Likes
Roperband
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Yup, they told me the same thing...they are so full of it.  Go on Reddit and you can see like 30 people in one thread having the same exact problem after the firmware was released.  

0 Likes
LobotomyFailure
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Can you post the link to the Reddit thread, please?  I can't seem to find it (Reddit's famously terrible search capability is not helping)

0 Likes
userQO72Z4fR7N
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I pushed the settings button for a while, changed all the equalizer settings one step, then turned of the tv and the soundbar. After that i plugged in the power cord of my rear speakers while tv and soundbar was off and then powered on my tv and soundbar. So far it works. The only solution that has worked for me. Let’s hope it’s not temporary.